!*****Official 'Is Iowa Faster Than A Bunch Of Turtles?' Game Thread*****!

Bohannon 12.5 Points O/U

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I apologize.....

But, it was extremely satisfying to see the PunkTurtle in pain after being smashed in the nose

About time we start fighting back

Anytime we are called for a foul it should be because we Put a Punk on the floor

Make those fouls count. If they are going to permit the opponents to get away with attempted murder and we get called for incidental brush fouls, then it is time to make certain that a foul has been committed.....

When you watch your opponent struggle to get off the floor, then you have definitely committed a foul. Let the Hawks spare the fans complaining about invisible fouls. Permit the suffering fans to know, undoubtedly, that a foul has been committed.....

Make those vicious thugs know that our basket is sacred

Enter the paint at your own discretion

Remember Reggie Evans, Jake, Russ Millard, etal.....

F this pattycake play. Put Them on the Floor

:cool:

Last edited:
Lol sure it is. Bohannon was so far out of position on that one foul that he wasn't within 3 feet of him. I would say that was easier to see than if he was right up on him.
The ref assumed he didn’t get all ball because Bohannon can’t block a bloody nose . It was based on athleticism but it looked all ball . He was a shitty ref . But jbo better get used to it because .....he is shitty

Personally, and I have won 0 Big Ten games as a coach or player but to me if you lack D then he should be looking for the kids regardless of name or year in school play the kids that bring their A game on D. Sit the others until they understand that they aren't seeing the floor without defensive effort. WE are going to lose every game anyway why not make the point that if you are at Iowa you are going to play D.

Personally, and I have won 0 Big Ten games as a coach or player but to me if you lack D then he should be looking for the kids regardless of name or year in school play the kids that bring their A game on D. Sit the others until they understand that they aren't seeing the floor without defensive effort. WE are going to lose every game anyway why not make the point that if you are at Iowa you are going to play D.

If the coach doesn't see an importance in playing defense than its hard to fault the players not playing it. Just my opinion, but if Fran truly valued defense it wouldn't be an issue getting his players to buy into it.

Just a side note and maybe its just me, but does it bother anyone else that players (Connor) are on social media during the game? I know he's not dressed, but it just bothers me for some reason. After the game I'm fine with it, but not during.

Just a side note and maybe its just me, but does it bother anyone else that players (Connor) are on social media during the game? I know he's not dressed, but it just bothers me for some reason. After the game I'm fine with it, but not during.

If Connor is on the bench during the game, yes, that's a bad look. If he is at home, watching as a player (and a son of the coach), I have less of an issue with it. Patrick also reacted on social media.

On one hand, we want players to be emotional invested and care. On the other hand, we don't want them to actual post something about it. I can see it both ways.

If Connor is on the bench during the game, yes, that's a bad look. If he is at home, watching as a player (and a son of the coach), I have less of an issue with it. Patrick also reacted on social media.

On one hand, we want players to be emotional invested and care. On the other hand, we don't want them to actual post something about it. I can see it both ways.

Great point. I didn't realize Connor didn't travel with the team so that makes sense. I don't mind players/family being emotionally invested, but that said they need to stop making excuses for him. Anyone watching the game knew that he was getting tossed as soon as he got the first one. He really needs to gain better self control so that he has the composure to get the first technical (strategically or not) and find the state of mind to collectively move past it and regain control of the situation.

Great point. I didn't realize Connor didn't travel with the team so that makes sense. I don't mind players/family being emotionally invested, but that said they need to stop making excuses for him. Anyone watching the game knew that he was getting tossed as soon as he got the first one. He really needs to gain better self control so that he has the composure to get the first technical (strategically or not) and find the state of mind to collectively move past it and regain control of the situation.

I agree. He wanted the first T, but wasn't in control and got the second T. Some reporters asked for an explanation on the second T, but were denied. Here's one tweet:

I am not 100% sure that Connor didn't travel, but I am a little less upset if he did tweet from home. If he did this from the bench, then I understand why Kirk doesn't allow players to use Twitter. :)

I've said it before, this would be a really good Sienna team. Probably win 27 and go to the dance. As for a B1G team, obviously, not so much.

If the coach doesn't see an importance in playing defense than its hard to fault the players not playing it. Just my opinion, but if Fran truly valued defense it wouldn't be an issue getting his players to buy into it.
I was playing nice in the sandbox but I totally agree with you. I am awaiting the avalanche of posters on here telling you that you have NO idea what you are talking about. How many all conference players have you coached? How many games have you coached D1, how many games have you played D1...blah blah because of course nobody can see what's plainly going on on the court....even though Stephen Bardo said the same thing the other night.

I was playing nice in the sandbox but I totally agree with you. I am awaiting the avalanche of posters on here telling you that you have NO idea what you are talking about. How many all conference players have you coached? How many games have you coached D1, how many games have you played D1...blah blah because of course nobody can see what's plainly going on on the court....even though Stephen Bardo said the same thing the other night.

The thing is very few of us on these message boards consider ourselves knowledgeable to coach at the college level or think we have all the answers. The problem though is if we can see it isn't being addressed with our naked eye, then how blatantly obvious is it for opposing coaches. If it started looking like we didn't have enough true PG's on the roster to get to the basket periodically to create better looks outside, which I thought was pretty obvious last year, then why are we still in the same predicament now, and still not really addressing it with our recruiting for next year.

The thing is very few of us on these message boards consider ourselves knowledgeable to coach at the college level or think we have all the answers. The problem though is if we can see it isn't being addressed with our naked eye, then how blatantly obvious is it for opposing coaches. If it started looking like we didn't have enough true PG's on the roster to get to the basket periodically to create better looks outside, which I thought was pretty obvious last year, then why are we still in the same predicament now, and still not really addressing it with our recruiting for next year.

The problem is, a player who can get to the rim and isn't very good isn't going to help. We need a player who is good and can get to the rim. And despite people thinking every team we play has one (I see why they think that because we make every player on every team look good) they aren't easy to come by.

Latest posts