!*****Official 'Is Iowa Faster Than A Bunch Of Turtles?' Game Thread*****!

Bohannon 12.5 Points O/U

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Allow me to rant here: The refs in this game were the worst I've seen this season. They are not the reason Iowa lost. But were terrible. Anticipating calls. Allowing hands in backs and shoves that they would then call travels. Not having the balls to call a tech on a guy standing over a player on his back taunting him.

You refs sucked ass this game.
When a team is this bad and unathletic you don’t get respect from officiating

There hasn't been a game played this year where we would have looked over matched if we just tried for the full 40 minutes. Pathetic team. I would seriously be fine if Cook and Baer were the only players back next year and everyone else left. I guess we can keep Garza and Nunge.

As many problems as this team has, if we just tried for 40 minutes, we would probably still be a bubble team. That is far and away the biggest problem. They go through 5 minute stretches where they completely stop trying. You just don't see that in D1 sports often.
It’s almost like they default to that when things aren’t going well. They aren’t tough enough to compete, they just kind of lethargically stumble around until something happens. Then they look up at the scoreboard and see they are down 10 and have to battle back.

There hasn't been a game played this year where we would have looked over matched if we just tried for the full 40 minutes. Pathetic team. I would seriously be fine if Cook and Baer were the only players back next year and everyone else left. I guess we can keep Garza and Nunge.
If Garza and Nunge played 40 minutes we would average giving up 100 a game

Im convinced Garza will be pretty good if he continues to shoot the outside shot well. Freshmen Centers tend to get abused in college bball, especially the Big Ten.
It ain’t about his offense. He is such a liability on defense right now he could be a 45% 3pt shooter and it wouldn’t matter. He can improve there but I don’t know if his footspeed will improve much.

We are just 14-20 points worse than the rest of the Big Ten . This is a culmination of Fran ball. It's terrible.

Why was Kriener getting minutes over Nunge?

I believe it's for the reason you (or someone else) mentioned - they have Nunge attempting to play the 3 position. It's a mistake and it's making him look bad defensively. It was apparent when he was in the game that Maryland went right after him. Feel sorry for Nunge and his development - he looked great at Iowa State.

Did you know, before tonight's game (yes, he only had 1 rebound), Garza was second on the team in rebounds with 6.5 (Cook leads with 6.6)? And Garza plays 18 minutes/game.

He needs to work on defense.
What’s his rebound average in big ten play when the other teams have 6’10 plus post players who are athletic and can leap? He padded the stats against the northern Illinois types

You're starting to see the light.

You're starting to see the light.

It's not about starting to see the light. It's about how much things have changed in a year. No one with common sense could have predicted this would happen this year. It's all about consistent effort for 40 minutes and they don't give it. If they did, they would be an average bubble team like a assumed.

Latest posts