***OFFICIAL Iowa vs Virgina NIT FINAL 4 trip on the line Game Thread***

I could only follow the game on Gametracker (stupid ESPN3 blackout), but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Closing out strong against a decent team.

To the NCAA selection committee: screw you.

May had a bad game, I'm glad he gets another shot in Da Gaaa den

GO HAWKS!
Have to somewhat disagree with you here. As usual May was very solid defensively (I'm sure he played a role in shutting down Harris) and he hit a key 3 pointer.

May actually was terrific on the defensive end, and was the key defender shutting down their stud Harris. Iowa is playing GREAT defense this season

Hawks were clutch tonight...my only complaint (other than the officiating...the refs must've taken Virginia) was how timid the guys were when attacking the basket. I'm not sure why the Hawks were running weak layup drills during a game that needed strong dunks, but they got away with it...on to NYC!

I kept waiting for the Hawks to fight back, but they did not lower themselves to Virginia's level. Virginia was a dirty nasty team. Fran refused to play that way and the Team played their game and the best team won, Shane.....

:)

UVA FANS:

cryyyyyy2-1.gif

BBBBBBUUMMMPP

Just watched the replay of the game. Did we just beat a team my hitting jump shots?

Yeah and a lot of them. Marble hit some one footed fadeaways that also helped.

I think it might of helped to get there an extra day early and get two walkthroughs in as opposed to just one.

Yeah and a lot of them. Marble hit some one footed fadeaways that also helped.

I think it might of helped to get there an extra day early and get two walkthroughs in as opposed to just one.
That one fade alone at the end was a back breaker to Vag, and helped seal the deal fo sure.

Latest posts