***OFFICIAL Iowa vs Virgina NIT FINAL 4 trip on the line Game Thread***

dakich was great this evening. and seemed pro-iowa the whole way.

he kinda was going to get sideways with his 'man down' thing - that got cut out pretty quick when he started going the way he did.....

My son said we are used to such nasty play and bad calls/no calls and have turned the corner.....

Jack I think Iowa turned the corner in allot of respects.

Road win in a hostile environment with the reffs calling a pro Virginia game.

Making 3 pointers when thats what they needed to do.

Fran turned the corner by not leaving McCabe in at the 5 on defense to get killed down low.

And I was especially glad to see Marble ice the game at the line and White with a couple too. Iowa would have had a couple more wins on the year if those two would have hit all their freethrows but they did it this game and it was good to see. Never gave Virginia any hope at the end.

And to top it off they did it all with out Gessel in the second half.

Jack I think Iowa turned the corner in allot of respects.

Road win in a hostile environment with the reffs calling a pro Virginia game.

Making 3 pointers when thats what they needed to do.

Fran turned the corner by not leaving McCabe in at the 5 on defense to get killed down low.

And I was especially glad to see Marble ice the game at the line and White with a couple too. Iowa would have had a couple more wins on the year if those two would have hit all their freethrows but they did it this game and it was good to see. Never gave Virginia any hope at the end.

And to top it off they did it all with out Gessel in the second half.

To win without Mike G was enormous......

:)

It was, but Clemmons had that MONSTER defensive play after turning it over. Sure, he turned it over later, but that play was HUGE. Shut off potential game-changing momentum for UVa

That was Anthony's season in a nutshell. Bad mistake contrasted with an amazingly athletic play. That was one of those "how the hell did he do that?" moments for the opposition. If this kid can clean up his game...he's gonna be solid. He has great raw athletic ability.

Hawks were clutch tonight...my only complaint (other than the officiating...the refs must've taken Virginia) was how timid the guys were when attacking the basket. I'm not sure why the Hawks were running weak layup drills during a game that needed strong dunks, but they got away with it...on to NYC!

Latest posts