OFFICIAL IOWA vs PENN ST GAME THREAD

The way the game was going, it was wise this time to run the clock, we were only down a FG, and couldn't afford to make a costly mistake.

PSU gets the ball back after the half, and our D has yet to show that they can win a game this year.

Once again, it's relying on the side of the ball that you know CANNOT win games for you, instead of the side that CAN.

The pathetic thing is that if Iowa goes on to lose this game, people will somehow blame the offense when the coaches never even gave them a chance.

and it's the wrong choice 90% of the time

making it even worse is that he played it aggressively before the half against ULM, so we know it can be done ... I'm not even saying they score ... I just want them to TRY!

Keep in mind KF is one of the BEST coaches in all of college football....what are your credentials?

I'm saying IF you don't make it and turn it over you give them great field position.

Have you NOT seen this before....Iowa runs once and then decides??? Not saying it can't get frustrating, but people act like it's the only time it's ever happened.

Lol, dude, that's exactly WHY people are upset. This isn't the first, or second, or even fifth time we've seen Ferentz sit on the ball with plenty of time to try and drive for a score. It hasn't worked out well in the past, which is why people are so frustrated. If we got the ball first in the second half I'd be far less frustrated.

The way the game was going, it was wise this time to run the clock, we were only down a FG, and couldn't afford to make a costly mistake.

So losing at the half is alright and the fact that Penn State gets the ball to start the 3rd quarter is okay? So we might as well run the clock out? Interesting.

Oh and the couldn't afford to make a mistake comment is just stupid. Every possesion you risked that. Let's play some damn football.

I'm saying IF you don't make it and turn it over you give them great field position.

Have you NOT seen this before....Iowa runs once and then decides??? Not saying it can't get frustrating, but people act like it's the only time it's ever happened.

So to avoid mistakes, we're not going to play to our strengths. That just doesn't make sense. We make these decisions like we're scared. Play to win the game. We've got the tools to make it happen, so why not use them?

Why, are you in the market? Get lost, troll.

Shut your mouth honsltley would u talk **** to me in person if so send me a message tough guy. Im not gonna sit here and agure with ur fat *** all day and I know ur fat your on ur ******* computer all day.

So to avoid mistakes, we're not going to play to our strengths. That just doesn't make sense. We make these decisions like we're scared. Play to win the game. We've got the tools to make it happen, so why not use them?

That's KF's MO....right or wrong, it's how he coaches. I can argue for and against it.

I hope our offense comes out chucking the ball downfield....get something exciting to happen rather than let a mediocre PSU team roll us....Hawkeye Football, Feel the Vanilla Frustration!

We supposedly have the best trio of WR's in the conference, and yet we are not chucking the ball to them more than 5 yards down field. We supposedly have the best passing QB in recent history and yet all we are doing is dinking it to the RB out of the backfield. The time appears to have been there from the OL, especially early in the half. So either our QB and WR's are not as good as was projected or PSU's defense is better than was projected even banged up. It is sometimes hard to tell on TV what is happening downfield, but that to me seems to be where our points are going to be found. Lets get to it guys!!

Keep in mind KF is one of the BEST coaches in all of college football....what are your credentials?

message board legend, as since we are on a message board, that's all that matters ... and now you go on my ignore list, because I don't need a nanny on here ... farewell

Lol, dude, that's exactly WHY people are upset. This isn't the first, or second, or even fifth time we've seen Ferentz sit on the ball with plenty of time to try and drive for a score. It hasn't worked out well in the past, which is why people are so frustrated. If we got the ball first in the second half I'd be far less frustrated.

One could say it has worked in our favor several time too.

Latest posts