***OFFICIAL Iowa vs Buckeye$ game thread***

the lack of sportstalent on this message board is obvious.

Along with that any sportstalent that gives any specific criticism of individual play by any Hawkeye BB player is ludicrous.. go away sportstalent... you have none and no understanding of basketball.

Instead of refuting anything he said you just tell him to go away, sounds about right.

I don't really think getting a quality road win is that necessary. We just need to beat good teams (Minnesota and Illinois at home) and avoid the bad loss and we'll still make it. Plus, we'd have a chance for another good win in the BTT.

Finally.. the criticism of IOWA for being a poor shooting team, a poor 3 point shooting team and a poor free throw shooting team is so LAUGHABLE...

So the Hawks stink it up on the free throw line at O (aho) ST.. and lose when they could have won.

Brilliant... just BRILLIANT ANALYSIS.

The Hawkeyes have everything in place. Shooting will come.

IOWA is BACK

Great summary and analysis of what went wrong tonight. Really liked some parts of Iowa's game tonight. It will come. Just gotta keep battling.

I would like to know why it was not until the second half and Iowa was down by 20-plus points that Fran decided to extend the defense and press. Would have been good to have done it the entire game.

I thought Clemmons started the 2nd half just awful, he got benched and came back to play well when Iowa went on the run.

Iowa isn't good enough offensively to take quick shots and not run the offense, they just don't have that one guy that is a difference maker.

Another thing that I noticed tonight, Gesell is one tough sob. He plays hard and doesn't back down from anything. Scott abused him and took him to the hole, but the next time down the floor he was tougher and almost blocked Scott's shot and he was right there to contest. The next time down the floor, he rotated off and contested a shot that was missed.

Gesell is going to be a special player, but I also think Clemmons will as well. Iowa has a backcourt that is getting better, but is going to improve enough on both ends of the floor to be able to dictate the whole game, not just stretches at a time.

the lack of sportstalent on this message board is obvious.

Along with that any sportstalent that gives any specific criticism of individual play by any Hawkeye BB player is ludicrous.. go away sportstalent... you have none and no understanding of basketball.

Dogs and bees sense fear...

I thought Clemmons started the 2nd half just awful, he got benched and came back to play well when Iowa went on the run.

Iowa isn't good enough offensively to take quick shots and not run the offense, they just don't have that one guy that is a difference maker.

Another thing that I noticed tonight, Gesell is one tough sob. He plays hard and doesn't back down from anything. Scott abused him and took him to the hole, but the next time down the floor he was tougher and almost blocked Scott's shot and he was right there to contest. The next time down the floor, he rotated off and contested a shot that was missed.

Gesell is going to be a special player, but I also think Clemmons will as well. Iowa has a backcourt that is getting better, but is going to improve enough on both ends of the floor to be able to dictate the whole game, not just stretches at a time.

Did you see midway through the second half where Craft passed off to a cutter and then basically put Mike in a headlock for a couple seconds? Couldn't believe it wasn't called. Well, B1G officiating in Columbus when tOSU is nationally ranked, yeah, I can believe it... Still.

Finally.. the criticism of IOWA for being a poor shooting team, a poor 3 point shooting team and a poor free throw shooting team is so LAUGHABLE...

So the Hawks stink it up on the free throw line at O (aho) ST.. and lose when they could have won.

Brilliant... just BRILLIANT ANALYSIS.

The Hawkeyes have everything in place. Shooting will come.

IOWA is BACK

How is it laughable? They haven't done anything to show they can shoot well against a decent defensive team. OSU and a great defensive team. Iowa can't compete seriously and consistently with teams like OSU and Michigan if they can't shoot well. Illinios and Northwestern are teams Iowa struggles to beat as well because of shooting. A lot of people said here that if Northwestern would have been remotely on shooting wise it wouldn't have been close to a 20 point win for Iowa.

Teams like Wisky that waste time like Lickliter did, yes Iowa will consistently beat them.

I think you lack real basketball knowledge and let your homerism show instead of actually posting anything remotely intelligent.

Did you see midway through the second half where Craft passed off to a cutter and then basically put Mike in a headlock for a couple seconds? Couldn't believe it wasn't called. Well, B1G officiating in Columbus when tOSU is nationally ranked, yeah, I can believe it... Still.

I did, but I also liked Craft putting his shoulder in Marble's chest at the end of the game when Iowa was down 5 and knocked Marble off of him.

Also, LaQuinton Ross shoving Gesell to clear out to make a jump shot was classic.

There were many, but as I said earlier, if you don't overemphasize your reaction to contact like Marble did toward the end of the game, you aren't going to get calls, or have any business complaining about them.

Defiantly NOT back

Iowa's four conference losses have come to teams ranked in the Top 15, I would say Iowa is back, if you feel the need to have them validate that by making the NCAA tournament, or eek out one of those games, so be it.

Look at NC St. after beating Duke, losing to Maryland (unranked) and Wake Forest (one of the worst Power 6 conference teams). Sometimes losing these games make teams play harder and bring them closer together, lets see what happens at Purdue.

Iowa has been blown out one game this season at Michigan, I think most thought this game would be a game that was never close. This is a good basketball team that continues to get better.

I don't really think getting a quality road win is that necessary. We just need to beat good teams (Minnesota and Illinois at home) and avoid the bad loss and we'll still make it. Plus, we'd have a chance for another good win in the BTT.

Illinois is fading pretty hard, and could easily be out of "quality win" territory by the time Iowa sees them. Minnesota is the only guaranteed chance at a quality win at home the rest of the way.

I did, but I also liked Craft putting his shoulder in Marble's chest at the end of the game when Iowa was down 5 and knocked Marble off of him.

Also, LaQuinton Ross shoving Gesell to clear out to make a jump shot was classic.

There were many, but as I said earlier, if you don't overemphasize your reaction to contact like Marble did toward the end of the game, you aren't going to get calls, or have any business complaining about them.

Was that reviewed to see whether that was a flagrant use of the elbow? I don't think it was. Definitely a foul. Flagrant? Hard to call in front of the tOSU bench. Dev sold it well.

Was that reviewed to see whether that was a flagrant use of the elbow? I don't think it was. Definitely a foul. Flagrant? Hard to call in front of the tOSU bench. Dev sold it well.

They did review it, but there was nothing there, just an overreaction to contact and that is the only way to get calls playing physical teams, perception isn't always reality, but the refs don't know that most of the time, they react to what they think the see.

Illinois is fading pretty hard, and could easily be out of "quality win" territory by the time Iowa sees them. Minnesota is the only guaranteed chance at a quality win at home the rest of the way.

And that is okay, if Iowa holds serve at home and beats the teams on the road they are supposed to, all is well.

In my mind, the "supposed to games" are both Penn State games, Both Nebraska games, Northwestern at Home and Purdue at home (win all those and we are at 8 wins).

In my mind, the "supposed to games" are both Penn State games, Both Nebraska games, Northwestern at Home and Purdue at home (win all those and we are at 8 wins).

I would agree with that, but Iowa has to have another win or two to get to 9 or 10 wins, like maybe winning at Purdue and stealing a win in there.

Still complaining about the officiating brah?

I seem to agree with you a lot bcl. By the time we play Illinois they might be in the "supposed to games" category also.

Latest posts