Official Iowa v Wisconsin Game Thread

Kicker mad?

coco-the-jack-russell-scary-dog-picture-420x314.jpg

"icing the kicker" is one of the biggest myths in football. A guy sits on the sidelines...then is suddenly rushed into duty.

Calling a timeout allows hit to loosen up, take a number of practice swings...and get focused...visualize the kick.

Explain to me how that "ices" him.

Positive gamesmanship from Ferentz? I don't believe my eyes

Hopefully the offense flips the scrip t in the 2nd half, because they defense is going to fall if they get no help.

Lack of adjustments at half will make for a long 2nd half. At least the wind will slow Wiscy down.

OR our defense continues to play well and keeps us in it and we get a miracle 45 yard FG to win the game.

"icing the kicker" is one of the biggest myths in football. A guy sits on the sidelines...then is suddenly rushed into duty.

Calling a timeout allows hit to loosen up, take a number of practice swings...and get focused...visualize the kick.

Made 1st kick, but timeout called at last second. Called 2 more timeouts. Kicker missed. Iced! :)

icing_the_kicker_smirnoff_ice_bro_t_shirt.jpg

Kicking is more mental than anything. You don't ice his legs, you ice his mind. There is a reason every coach everywhere tells players not to over think things and just react. Sure the kicker could get focused, or he could over-focus and mess up. You ever play golf? When you have to stand around and wait it messes with your head.

Yeah well, an extra 3 points would have been nice right now. Someone reminds KF to kick it next time you have the ball at the 33 with the wind at your back.

Defense gets an A- Gave up one big play, very tough against a great run team.

Offense D Pathetic. Can't close the deal. Classic Ferentz-ball

What did the O show to deserve anything other than an F? Great showing by the D minus the one play. Realistically the D can't keep this up. Better come out of halftime ready to put some pts up. You can bet Wisconsin will.

Iowa is terrible in the second half. Considering how bad they were in the 1st offensively I expect it to be like dividing by 0 and cause a black hole to open up at the 50, killing us all.

100% right and this stupid phenomenon is recent as well. Thing if it "works" the commentators harp on it. But if he missed before and makes it after being iced it's never mentioned again.

I think the band might have got iced with that long delay. How do you think it will affect their performance?

Kicking is more mental than anything. You don't ice his legs, you ice his mind. There is a reason every coach everywhere tells players not to over think things and just react. Sure the kicker could get focused, or he could over-focus and mess up. You ever play golf? When you have to stand around and wait it messes with your head.

QuiGonMindTrick.jpg

100% right and this stupid phenomenon is recent as well. Thing if it "works" the commentators harp on it. But if he missed before and makes it after being iced it's never mentioned again.

You mean there are coaching decisions that don't work 100% of the time? This game is hard.

Iowa is terrible in the second half. Considering how bad they were in the 1st offensively I expect it to be like dividing by 0 and cause a black hole to open up at the 50, killing us all.

For some reason, I found this funny. Kudos. :)

It doesnt always...but on a young nervous kicker...it might...and did.

Try to enjoy life a little.

That one I didn't understand. Other than that, the coaching has been great.

Choosing wind. Good.
Icing kicker. Good (And no Wisky HC, KF wasn't scared of your kicker)
4th and. Good.
Passing when Wisky shows stacked box. Good.

Execution by MM and QB have been poor.
OL looks like they forgot how to blitz block a couple of times.
Better execution has at least 10 pts on scoreboard.
Not getting to QB on TD pass. Poor.

Bullock block on blitz. Great.
Bullock one-handed catch. Great.
CJ catch on 3yd line. Great.

This half was execution -- not coaching.

Latest posts