Official Iowa v Purdue Game Thread

I'm disappointed that we're only up 7 because we're really outplaying them. That should bode well for the second half but who the hell knows with this team. No more stupid turnovers please.

That time management at the end of the half was bizarre to say the least. I actually wonder if the reason he didn't call a timeout on 4th down was because he was worried his returner would drop the ball again.

I would love to see a win today because KF seems to coach a pretty aggressive BOWL GAME, knowing it is the last game and let's the kids play without the leash. Don't laugh there is truth to that..

So . . . last week Iowa gets the ball first in the second half and Wisc decides to kick into the wind so they would have the ball in the 4th Qtr. Should Iowa do the same thing this week? Might keep Purdue in the game longer, but more likely to prevent a comeback by Purdue in the 4th.

well, we've sucked in the second half for over a month now. let's see if Iowa can break that trend.

I'm disappointed that we're only up 7 because we're really outplaying them. That should bode well for the second half but who the hell knows with this team. No more stupid turnovers please.

That time management at the end of the half was bizarre to say the least. I actually wonder if the reason he didn't call a timeout on 4th down was because he was worried his returner would drop the ball again.

I really think he was concerned that he would call a TO and then get burned on the fake punt setting up a tied game at half.
I am going to send Kirk some insurance class books I have so he can do some reading up on the proper ways to assess risk.

He's not being compared to Joe Schmo. He's being compared to other quarterbacks. He under throws balls that would otherwise be touchdowns, that should bother you. Nobody is saying he shouldn't be playing college football, just that there are easily observed underthrows that take what should be points off the board.

and he overthrows open receivers too. Both scenarios bother me but you can't just cry ARMSTRENGTH!!! every time he underthrows a ball and just ignore that he overthrows just as many. Right now he's got 1 overthrown ball to KMM and one under thrown ball to Shumpert. Both would have been easy touchdowns. That underthrown pass wasn't because of lack of arm strength, he easily could have put more air under it to get it further down the field.

That's the one big area of his game that he needs to improve. I don't know what you're arguing about at this point as I'm not really defending him, unless you call me saying that he struggles hitting open receivers downfield defending him.

People are too negative. Iowa should be up 14-0 at least. The dropped punt was terrible. Cost a touchdown and time with the wind at their backs. Iowa wasn't going to blow Purdue away. They could still win by 14-21 pts, and that would be a good day on the road (especially on a windy day like this).

People are too negative. Iowa should be up 14-0 at least. The dropped punt was terrible. Cost a touchdown and time with the wind at their backs. Iowa wasn't going to blow Purdue away. They could still win by 14-21 pts, and that would be a good day on the road (especially on a windy day like this).

Agreed. Most have not been enamored with the 2nd half adjustments lately. Let's hope Iowa dictates the play in the 2nd half.

Purdue using a lot of jet sweep motion, setting up for either jet sweep play action or jet sweep reverse pass

They suck and we should. Also before I forget KF says hi and he loves you.. :)