Official Iowa v Purdue Game Thread

That's now two penalties you don't see very often. Yet these guys can't see a facemask on a kick return?

We'll probably win but it will be by, like, 2, or something which is pretty crappy against Purdue.

It's Kirk's MO.. Let's keep it on the ground and see if we have any success.. If we get the first down, then we'll go for it. Doesn't matter what the clock says.

They weren't underthrown because he can't throw it that far. I'm pretty sure he's got more overthrown deep passes than underthrown ones. That's what I mean when I say he needs to anticipate where his receivers are going to be. He doesn't do that well on deep throws right now but it's not a function of arm strength.

He's not being compared to Joe Schmo. He's being compared to other quarterbacks. He under throws balls that would otherwise be touchdowns, that should bother you. Nobody is saying he shouldn't be playing college football, just that there are easily observed underthrows that take what should be points off the board.

This so stupid. The clock management was unreal stupid. And your one pass to your speedster was worthless.
Its coaching, or lack thereof any reasonable coaching intelligence or strategy.

Kirk Ferentz continues to absolutely baffle my mind. It's like he's trying to **** with us on purpose and just throwing it on our faces.