Official Iowa v Directional Michigan Game Thread

okay, if he doesn't go for running up the score for a feel good win, then it better be because the second/third stringers get some experience, and that's okay too.

Go Hawks! now have to go. rah rah rah

Anything else interesting going on in CFB? Things are going too well in this game for me to risk switching my screen...

I love those Chevy commercials...

It's about a man...

It's about a man and a truck...

It's about a man and a truck and needing a pack of gum...

It's about a man and a truck and needing a pack of gum from a store on the other side of a mountain...

It's about a man and a truck and needing a pack of gum from a store on the other side of a mountain with a river running through it...

It's about a man and a truck and needing a pack of gum from a store on the other side of a mountain with a river running through it, but no bridge...

It's about a man and a truck and needing a pack of gum from a store on the other side of a mountain with a river running through it, but no bridge and there's a dog in the river...

Chevy Trucks...

That's my halftime rant...

You're right...handing off 20 times last year would have made that DB not jump the route...

You ever think maybe they wouldn't have been in that position at the end of the game by then? Don't focus on just that one play. It's all conjecture and we'll never know but still blows my mind he didn't get some reps previously. In fact, from what I've seen so far Rudock should have been starting by the end of the season last year. I wouldn't say he's a downgrade from Vandy, and no reason to not play for the future when the season was lost.

No chance we'll see a scoring record today. Back in 87 I was at the game we played against Texas San Antonio or El Paso, something like that. Hayden hung 70 on them including a touchdown when we were up by over 50 points. For the difference in HF and KF, Hayden always had confidence in his teams, Kirk Ferentz doesn't seem very confident in the team a lot of the time, unless it's his coachspeak to not disrespect another team. One thing about Hayden is most wouldn't call him politically correct when he talked about opponents.

At least get Daniels in there a lot. It looked like he still had it with 1 arm when he knee was down, andways he needs to get some big carries and get that out of his mind. How about a few pass attempts for the back up QBs also?

You ever think maybe they wouldn't have been in that position at the end of the game by then? Don't focus on just that one play. It's all conjecture and we'll never know but still blows my mind he didn't get some reps previously. In fact, from what I've seen so far Rudock should have been starting by the end of the season last year. I wouldn't say he's a downgrade from Vandy, and no reason to not play for the future when the season was lost.

I'm with you on he probably should have gotten a start last year...but that 1 play excluded, he's been fine since snap one...but mop up duty isn't the same as coming out of the tunnel as "THE guy" cf.

You're right...handing off 20 times last year would have made that DB not jump the route...

It's possible that if he had experience last year the offense would have operated smoother earlier in the game and it wouldn't have been close enough to be decided by that play. It's also possible he would have made a different throw. A game isn't decided by one play, even though it's easy to point to that one as the reason they lost. Iowa misses plenty of opportunities early in games, that's why they play so many close games.

I think he was assuming JR would have played at least a game (like after being eliminated from bowl eligibility), got some real throws, applied some of the offensive philosophies instead of going through the motions in practice against the 2's. I don't think he meant handing the ball off in the second half of a blowout win early in the 2012 season (were there any of those?).

Latest posts