***Official Iowa @ O$U game thread****

I don't see this team being meaningfully better next year. Maybe we win 4-5 in conference and that's not good enough.

Agree. Weiskamp is better than what we have but not what we need. He’s going to be another Gatens. Cook, JBo may never play in the NCAA Tournament. What a shame. Weiskamp is just coming in at a bad time.

This is the worst Iowa team defensively in school history. Their record is going to be close to one of the worst as well. All this in a down year in the Big Ten. Could’ve been an opprotunity this year, instead Iowa does what they do best and fail to take advantage.

Throw all your recruiting money into a fast quick PG that can guard the perimeter.
Then teach help defense.
Then junk that crappy 3-2.
Then......
Then......
etc., ect., etc.

We are so far away.

Agree. Weiskamp is better than what we have but not what we need. He’s going to be another Gatens. Cook, JBo may never play in the NCAA Tournament. What a shame. Weiskamp is just coming in at a bad time.

This is the worst Iowa team defensively in school history. Their record is going to be close to one of the worst as well. All this in a down year in the Big Ten. Could’ve been an opprotunity this year, instead Iowa does what they do best and fail to take advantage.
Then we should just fire Fran and move on. Why extend the pain and waste more recruits.

I love it when the announcers show a blantant foul on a replay and say there was no foul. Nunge was clearly fouled by the guy taking his arm and forcing Nunge’s arm down.

That’s just one call and it won’t make a difference in this game but the officials and announcers are crap.

I love it when the announcers show a blantant foul on a replay and say there was no foul. Nunge was clearly fouled by the guy taking his arm and forcing Nunge’s arm down.

That’s just one call and it won’t make a difference in this game but the officials and announcers are crap.

You got that right, BigD

:cool:

Teams just get more and more confident as the game progresses. They throw up crap and it goes.

This lack of defense is very disheartening.

I heard that Cook is looking to transfer. Got that from a HS coach down here in Missouri. Hearing any grumblings up your way?

Wouldn’t surprise me. He has half his career over and hasn’t played in the NCAA Tournament and plays with a group of mid-major players like the MSU beat writer stated. He wants to go somewhere he can showcase himself nationally.

Fran has shown nothing will change next year so very hesitant on thinking they are improved enough to make post season. Tim Miles sure got a clue and not only saved his job but got his team into the tourney by utilizing a load of transfers. Fran has nothing to worry about for 5 years so content on what he has.

Last edited:
068e51fa694f14a321ffd3bc77c097dad6c0659e94d0986ddcb9504f2ffaf541.jpg

Latest posts