OFFICIAL: Iowa Names Greg Davis as OC

Texas has the worst head coach in the country,they have high school All-American' backing up high school All-American's and they get their butt kicked by Rice?Rice?Get beat by Iowa State?I watch Texas a lot , because I use to live there.Mac Brown is the problem ,so knowing Ferentz I'm sure it was great hire.Fricking Texas just renewed Brown's contract with a raise!WTF!

I like the hire and give it an "A." I am much happier we hired a veteran coordinator who has coached at the major level and most recently spent 13 years leading the offense of arguably one of the most storied programs in college football.

I would much rather hire someone with a proven track record then take a chance on hiring from within. This is not really a job where a coach can learn on the fly ...

This is most likely his last coaching stop. I think it will be good to have a veteran on staff who has been in big games; coached elite athletes and who won a national championship. I really think this is an "A" hire for Iowa.

He sounds like a good "fit" for Iowa all the way around.

We have the guy who coached in (In my honest opinion ) the greatest college football game. (Texas vs USC). That's very exciting.

Even if Davis runs the exact same offense as KOK had to he has to be a better play caller than KOK. Most Hawkeye fans could call 75% of the plays before they were run under KOK. He was WAY too predictable.

You're one of THOSE guys on sound off/message boards. Go back to your armchair, it needs an OC.

You're one of THOSE guys on sound off/message boards. Go back to your armchair, it needs an OC.

What I find funny is I've run into a few Hawkeye fans, mostly neighbors, that run their mouth about this lax, predictable offense. So, when we're watching part of a game I'll just casually throw out there an inquiry about what play is coming next...they could never get it right for some reason.

Bump for awesomness!

tumblr_m85cutqS6A1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Bump for awesomness!

Oh thanks alot for the bump.

By the way, if the hawks get a really good QB who can make plays with his feet, head , and arm the GDavis will look very good.

We can all remember what it was like when KOK had QBs throw quick outs and hitches to Mo brown, CJ Jones, Brodell, solomon and mcnutt and they would house them or take them for big gains.

But I also want to GD take a few shots down the field.

So should we expect a similar timeline on this year's OC hire? GDGD was hired about 3 weeks after KOK was lured away by the NFL. Should we expect 3 weeks after the bowl game, after the CCG, or is are people expecting a different timeline? I haven't been around much so I really have no idea? Anyone have any info or gut feelings?

Not much has changed. Kirk usually waits until February to make coaching changes or hires. I assume Brian will stick around for the Bowl Game. After that, the position will sit empty until Feb.

Not much has changed. Kirk usually waits until February to make coaching changes or hires. I assume Brian will stick around for the Bowl Game. After that, the position will sit empty until Feb.

If I were Kirk I'd slow roll the hire until about a week before spring practice begins. Then, I'd say "Welp, I've searched high and low and couldn't find anyone so unless you want to take a flyer on this guy who covered up 9 felonies in his program I think we need to bring Big Brain Brian back. Or we could hire O'Keefe, he said he'd do one more year if that's what you want."

Nothing motivates me at my job like being forced to do something I didn't want to do. I expect BIG things here.

Nothing motivates me at my job like being forced to do something I didn't want to do. I expect BIG things here.

Nothing against our interim AD or whatever the title is, but if Kurt wants to burn the thing down he has that power. And oh by the way, he can basically quiet quit and provided he doesn't trip a cause definition in his employment agreement and force the school to fire him thereby triggering the buyout. I don't think he would do that, and I think he really wants to stay over that 60% threshold to get into the hall of fame, but let us not forget just how bad he could turbofuck the program if he so desired. "Oh, you guys don't like 247 yards of offense each week? Fine, I shall make it 200 yards of offense each week."

Nothing against our interim AD or whatever the title is, but if Kurt wants to burn the thing down he has that power. And oh by the way, he can basically quiet quit and provided he doesn't trip a cause definition in his employment agreement and force the school to fire him thereby triggering the buyout. I don't think he would do that, and I think he really wants to stay over that 60% threshold to get into the hall of fame, but let us not forget just how bad he could turbofuck the program if he so desired. "Oh, you guys don't like 247 yards of offense each week? Fine, I shall make it 200 yards of offense each week."
Agreed, who knows what Kent will do.

Calling him Kurt is soo edgy

Kirk's version of quiet quitting would be to work at Iowa from 7 am to 3 pm every day, then punch out so he could volunteer coach Solon's offensive line every afternoon. And then instead of calling recruits or meeting with his assistants in the evening, he'd watch tape of whatever team Brian is part of next year and Steve Ferentz's South Dakota squad. And then from 5:30 am to 7 am the next morning, he'd drink a pot of black coffee on his deck and go over his notes on the phone with Brian and Steve.

Latest posts