Official Iowa attempts to "penetrate Rutgers stiff defense" game thread

Obviously want Iowa to win but a better Rutgers is good for Big. Hope they are for real and not just a flash.

Remember when Wisky was a tough out but never near the top. Wesley Mathews putting Iowa tied for Big Campionship with Barry Carroll and Magic Big was at its Ncaa best when almost the whole conference was good.
He hit a half court buzzer beater and it prevented Michigan State from winning the conference outright.

Conference was definitely tough. Michigan State won NCAA, Indiana won NIT (over Purdue and back when the NIT still was somewhat of a big deal)

This is the perfect gloomy mid January to settle in and watch some conference hoops, and it's definitely more enjoyable when your team wins early in the afternoon.

He hit a half court buzzer beater and it prevented Michigan State from winning the conference outright.

Conference was definitely tough. Michigan State won NCAA, Indiana won NIT (over Purdue and back when the NIT still was somewhat of a big deal)
He didn't even try and attack. Just took his time a launched it

This team proved me wrong today, but I felt like we had no choice to continue to let Peyton figure it out and I’m glad we did.

Good start for the Hawks. Franny had them ready from the get go. No "act" needed from him to get the team going. What a difference it makes when the guys can hit some threes. Got good seats for Thursdays ' match up with Michigan. Hopefully, we are not sleep walking from the tip off.

If Peyton starts playing like he did for a stretch in the second half this team has a chance to be pretty good. The 3 headed monster of Murray Rebraca and Sandfort will be tough to overcome.

Buttgers had a good plan- defend Murray and Rebraca in the 2nd half, which they did. Had Sandfort not stepped up, it woulda worked.........great win!

Buttgers had a good plan- defend Murray and Rebraca in the 2nd half, which they did. Had Sandfort not stepped up, it woulda worked.........great win!
And Perkins.

But Rutgers had a busy emotional week with knocking off Purdue and turning around with rival Maryland. We might have caught them at the right time.

Good start for the Hawks. Franny had them ready from the get go. No "act" needed from him to get the team going. What a difference it makes when the guys can hit some threes. Got good seats for Thursdays ' match up with Michigan. Hopefully, we are not sleep walking from the tip off.
Who knows how combustible things might get with Juwan and Fran in the house!

Late to the game, spent the afternoon with my Daughter

Watched the game on DVR

Strong performance by the Hawks

Thery are apparently a tough out on the Road

D, when they are not fatigued is Very Good, hands up in your face
quick switching and go to the boards hard

Kris is beginning to resemble Keegan, he he definitly needs to have the ball in his hands
He and Filip should be a solid inside/outside combo

Ulis and company need to recognize Kris open on the wing and stop ignoring him and
dribbling to to the opposite side of the court

There were several occasions where this occurred today

Really Solid game today, never really lost their composure and settled down to withstand
Rutgers rallies

SANDFORT is BACK

Ulis with the 2 threes

Hot Damn

Boy ... Ulis really is not a very good point guard.
Overcome the weak link, Hawks!
Gotta feeling Connor is eventually to take it over-again.

Connor is like the old Miami Dolphin receiver from the 1970's, Howard Twiley. Howard would never be the starter when the season began because Shula was always plugging in someone like Marlin Briscoe or Freddie Solomon, but he would always manage to play his way back into the starting lineup as the season wore on.

You get the feeling Fran is eventually going to give Connor the point if he can get some bodies healthy, but now the list of walking wounded may include Connor himself.

Gotta feeling Connor is eventually to take it over-again.

Connor is like the old Miami Dolphin receiver from the 1970's, Howard Twiley. Howard would never be the starter when the season began because Shula was always plugging in someone like Marlin Briscoe or Freddie Solomon, but he would always manage to play his way back into the starting lineup as the season wore on.

You get the feeling Fran is eventually going to give Connor the point if he can get some bodies healthy, but now the list of walking wounded may include Connor himself.

Despite making key buckets, both Bowen and Ulis struggled at the point. Perk has been waaay too inconsistent, so I can see Fran upping Conners' minutes at the point.

I've heard that both Ulis and TP are still banged up. IMO - AU is he weakest link on the team, but he does provide good defense and he can get in the lane and distribute. If anyone's minutes go down I am hoping its AU, but at the same time, we still desperately need his contributions because Bowen isn't ready yet.

I've heard that both Ulis and TP are still banged up. IMO - AU is he weakest link on the team, but he does provide good defense and he can get in the lane and distribute. If anyone's minutes go down I am hoping its AU, but at the same time, we still desperately need his contributions because Bowen isn't ready yet.
So basically the only starter not battling some kind of physical issue is Rebraca.

And boy do we need HIM to stay healthy.

Latest posts