***Official "I Wish Alford Was Still Playing So We Could Kick His Red and White Striped Pants Wearing Ass" Game Thread***

Anécdotas Zelderas(Parte 1) | Ramen Con Videojuegos Amino

Gasp

Thats more indicative of how good we are as a team at passing.

Former players like Bardo, Hummel and Settles pointed out how out of sync we look at Rutgers when he missed most of the game.

By the way, how big does that win look now?

Rutgers was ranked #11 at the time and have been in freefall. Would have been terrible to give a stroke back to the field by losing that game.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t get to play but he doesn’t do enough to get starter minutes . Makes more sense to start Nunge at the 4 spot

Indiana is not a *bad* team. They can beat most teams in the power five any given night. On the bell curve these things happen.
You are absolutely right but as young as they are and on our court you would expect us to hit a shot every 10 minutes or so.

Dipshit, not *blaming* the refs. Just noting that it was unpredictable and often close, often not in Iowa's favor. I'm not delusional.
Hey moron . It won’t be in your favor when you settle for jump shots . There are never calls to make if you never drive or can’t drive around people .

Why do people keep saying this is a dumb take. After round of 32 would be sweet 16. You expect the best or hottest 16 teams to be there, and Iowa has already lost to two teams that don't fit either of those descriptions, with one being at home. Don't think it's a bad take when the team relies on all offense and not good enough D to win on bad shooting nights.....and not good enough D to win when other team is stroking it either (see Minny).
You summed it up much more cleanly than I did but that was the gist of my point. This is a board where if you don’t see the world in the lens of Fryowa or Huckfinn, you’re by default a loser/moron/dipshit/ignorant F/uninformed/troll/etc.

You summed it up much more cleanly than I did but that was the gist of my point. This is a board where if you don’t see the world in the lens of Fryowa or Huckfinn, you’re by default a loser/moron/dipshit/ignorant F/uninformed/troll/etc.
Sounds like the argument is that this team is vulnerable to an early exit because of reliance on shooting. Do I have that right?

So he can’t shoot a lick . Can’t score . Gets scorched on defense every game . His only value is his ball handling which doesn’t warrant a starting spot . Starting two point guards makes zero sense . Anyone who watches should know this .
lol, go back to your stats

Aside from Garza, I just don’t see a tremendous amount of athleticism where these players can create their own shots. Iowa has good players no doubt but when JBo is off, you get what you see tonight.
Way too slow. Is it possible to give up more wide open shots every game? I don't see this season ending well. Your eyes don't lie

I pointed that about about Fryowa previously, but it was removed. He rides a tall horse indeed.

I pointed that about about Fryowa previously, but it was removed. He rides a tall horse indeed.
1) Unless you posted something about covid or politics on the main boards I didn’t remove shit.

2) I’ve always wanted to go horseback riding. Never tried it. Is it as fun as it looks?

Indiana was just coming off a home loss to Purdue and a week off of their own.

yeah but they never had any momentum going. The disjointed pattern of play likely helps them against us.

Plus its not like they played great... we just couldn't make a shot.

They played good Defense for sure.. but we missed a ton.

Everyone feeds Garza . There are better players sitting behind him

Most don't feed him very well. Too often I see them either not look down low or not be patient enough to let him get good position. Or other times they position the pass in a bad place to either allow a deflection or Make Garza get out of position to get the pass. Connor has limitations, but he is easily the best post passer and our offense still runs through Garza.

Why do people keep saying this is a dumb take. After round of 32 would be sweet 16. You expect the best or hottest 16 teams to be there, and Iowa has already lost to two teams that don't fit either of those descriptions, with one being at home. Don't think it's a bad take when the team relies on all offense and not good enough D to win on bad shooting nights.....and not good enough D to win when other team is stroking it either (see Minny).
I will be surprised if they make the sweet 16 it’s not a dumb take when you have these guards.

Latest posts