***OFFICIAL HAWKS VS SPARTACUS GAME THREAD***

Granted MSU is most likely the best defense we'll see all year, but also one of the worst offenses in the B1G. Not sure how to really interpret this game.
Iowa won't be able to run on any good team the rest of the season. Weisman is not that hard for an ok defense to stop.

Why is it that Kirk/Greg Davis do not try to make adjustments. Good football coaches take what the defense gives them and forces the defense to adjust. The last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter we did that with the screen, quick out patterns and getting yards. In the 2nd half it's Kirk trying to force his run first and second and... We are not an offensive powerhouse. Our passing game was good for awhile and that can open running lanes. I don't think we tried a deep pattern to Powell today unless I missed it. I put most of the blame on the coaching staff. MSU also pushes the boundries on every play knowing the refs won't call all of the penalties. The refs won't call the penalties because they don't want anybody questioning them for being biased. Their thinking is it's better to have someone question why they didn't call penalties rather than having them question why they did.

Rudock has struggled today with the pressure. He may not be as mentally tough as everyone thinks.

MSU recievers averaging 15 yrds per reception and ours are averaging 2. O-line has been a joke all day too.

Heart beating a bit right now.

PULSE_of_Florida_Patient_Safety_Advocates_Logo_op_600x600.jpg

Let me end the mystery for you. Probably not.
This is because the big donors are Corporations -- they don't care as long as die-hard Hawks buy John Deere. Only large single-person donors care enough to get involved. Unfortunately, I don't think Iowa has enough of those types of donors (or people in the state with that kind of money) to make any difference.

Why is it that Kirk/Greg Davis do not try to make adjustments. Good football coaches take what the defense gives them and forces the defense to adjust. The last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter we did that with the screen, quick out patterns and getting yards. In the 2nd half it's Kirk trying to force his run first and second and... We are not an offensive powerhouse. Our passing game was good for awhile and that can open running lanes. I don't think we tried a deep pattern to Powell today unless I missed it. I put most of the blame on the coaching staff. MSU also pushes the boundries on every play knowing the refs won't call all of the penalties. The refs won't call the penalties because they don't want anybody questioning them for being biased. Their thinking is it's better to have someone question why they didn't call penalties rather than having them question why they did.
You are talking about kf here. He wins mainly when his talent is better than his opponents. The only time I can remember where his team made major adjustments was the year they ran out of running backs.

Latest posts