***OFFICIAL HAWKS VS SPARTACUS GAME THREAD***

Iowa season just FLATLINED.. We needed this one badly..

flatline.jpg

Buyout still too high. And if there continues to be improvement shown...even small glimpses...even in losses....it'll be enough. Now...no bowl next year...phone will be ringing...

The Iowa Program is self-sustaining without state or donor money. The coaching position is fireproof unless the president (who really couldn't give a damn about football) fires the AD and the coach.

Iowa will NEVER fire another coach. They may choose to not renew a contract -- but forcibly remove someone? That's just not Iowan.

The Iowa Program is self-sustaining without state or donor money. The coaching position is fireproof unless the president (who really couldn't give a damn about football) fires the AD and the coach.

Iowa will NEVER fire another coach. They may choose to not renew a contract -- but forcibly remove someone? That's just not Iowan.
Well, ok. That's sad. Curious if any other top 50 football schools would allow the above scenario.

Offense started then sputtered, then died! Defense can't do it all. And next up we have Ohio State! Then NW! Going to be a bad October.

Well folks here it is 5-7 for the year now....another sub .500 season how many more of these do we have to endure? Oh wait what's the duration of KF contract? I guess I've answered my own question. Offense looked JR High ish....don't tell me we don't have playmakers when you don't take shots down the field and don't have the intelligence to maybe try read option to keep the running game alive. Out coached and out played once again...familiar theme.

Offense started then sputtered, then died! Defense can't do it all. And next up we have Ohio State! Then NW! Going to be a bad October.

4 losses in a row coming up! Followed by more supportive comments on here in favor of this coaching staff. Wake me up when does Iowa Basketball tip?

Well folks here it is 5-7 for the year now....another sub .500 season how many more of these do we have to endure? Oh wait what's the duration of KF contract? I guess I've answered my own question. Offense looked JR High ish....don't tell me we don't have playmakers when you don't take shots down the field and don't have the intelligence to maybe try read option to keep the running game alive. Out coached and out played once again...familiar theme.

Yeah, think I'm done with G. Davis. He called one good series and maybe a couple good plays after that. He's overall not a good O. Coordinator.

Had we lost 26-21 and the offense moved the chains all day adn the loss was due to brain dead coaching (2 REALLY BAD SPECIAL TEAMS plays today costing us 6 points) I don't think anyone would be feeling the oppressive feeling that we are headed for a 4-8 year again. Having said that all the nightmares are back and this could turn into 7 losses in a row.

I guess I should put it in a way that most of you would agree with.

Winning 6 games or more every year is the constitution of college football. You can't go more than 2 years in a career at any other FBS school and not expect to get fired, if for no other reason than to at least try to give fans, students, and players hope.

Iowa football is like the federal government. Kirk Ferentz is Obama, Barta is the Senate, and Hawkeye fans are the House of Representatives. Obama got re-elected in 2008 and the senate said the heck with the constitution, we'll give Obama a lifetime pass. The House Majority thinks this was foolish, but the Republicans have O'keefeForPresident as Speaker of the House and most of the democrats are old, fat, and happy that they can go to Capitol Hill on Saturday and get a glimpse of Obama walking around the White House.

Last edited:
whelp, two weeks to dwell on this one.
2 weeks to dwell and make adjustments. Ok, I'm just dreaming right now. Our adjustments will be to run on first, run on second, pass short of the first down marker on third and then punt. I'm guessing every team we play from here on out will try some kind of a trick play against Iowa.

Winning 6 games or more every year is the constitution of college football. You can't go more than 2 years in a career at any other FBS school and not expect to get fired, if for no other reason than to at least try to give fans, students, and players hope.

Iowa football is like the federal government. Kirk Ferentz is the Obama, Barta is the Senate, and Hawkeye fans are the House of Representatives. Obama got re-elected in 2008 and the senate said the heck with the constitution, we'll give Obama a lifetime pass. The House thinks this was foolish, but the Republicans hae O'keefeForPresident as speaker of the house and most of the democrats are old, fat, and happy that they can go to Capitol Hill on Saturday and get a glimpse of Obama walking around the White House.

What He SAID! Nice perfect analogy

Iowa football is like the federal government. Kirk Ferentz is Obama, Barta is the Senate, and Hawkeye fans are the House of Representatives. Obama got re-elected in 2008 and the senate said the heck with the constitution, we'll give Obama a lifetime pass. The House Majority thinks this was foolish, but the Republicans have O'keefeForPresident as Speaker of the House and most of the democrats are old, fat, and happy that they can go to Capitol Hill on Saturday and get a glimpse of Obama walking around the White House.
Absolutely killer analogy. Hats off to you.

Thank you. Hopefully we won't have to resort to torches and pitchforks, but change has to come someday. I don't think that the B1G would allow Iowa to stay in if it went through another Dark Age of Iowa Football, and I don't see another Zabel on the horizon to sell Iowa to the national media. Becoming irrelevant now could be really, really costly to this state, cause, let's face it, besides Iowa football and corn, what is going to convince our young graduates to stay in-state? The Iowa Cubs? We don't even have decent classical entertainment in this state, let alone something the young hipsters want to hang out and enjoy.

Latest posts