***OFFICIAL HAWKEYES FLIP A HERD OF TURTLES ON THEIR BACKS GAME THREAD***

I said after Indiana that a loss wouldn't freak me out.

And it won't.

Now if we lose to them at home on Friday after Minnesota just piss pounded them in the barn I might freak out.

I wanted to win. But we probably needed to lose one of these. We need to win a couple so we know we can. But we need to lose one to learn a 10 point lead is the better option.

We lost the game when we had the ball up one an came up with an empty possession. Maryland deserves some credit for locking down, but we really needed to score there.

Had two full shot clocks to do it too.

BTW moss had a double double with that last rebound.

Dude needs to play more.
Idk man. We should sit him more in the 2nd half. There's gotta be a good reason why Fran's been doing that. I'm surprised he played so much in the 2nd half tonight. Maybe Fran is coming down with a cold. o_O

I said after Indiana that a loss wouldn't freak me out.

And it won't.

Now if we lose to them at home on Friday after Minnesota just piss pounded them in the barn I might freak out.

This loss wasn't a surprise at all

Before the game I looked at the schedule and thought that if we go 3-3 the rest of the regular season

We will be doing well

No disgrace to lose to the Terps

We have to beat Indiana and Rutgers at Carver

And beat Nebraska on the road

Those are distinct possibilities

At Ohio State and Wisconsin just might not be Ws

:cool:

The first 10 minutes of the game was some of the worst basketball I've ever seen by both teams. The way we played tonight, if Maryland was playing well we'd have been blown out!
Or if Iowa would have played well then Maryland would have been blown out.

It works both ways

This loss wasn't a surprise at all

Before the game I looked at the schedule and thought that if we go 3-3 the rest of the regular season

We will be doing well

No disgrace to lose to the Terps

We have to beat Indiana and Rutgers at Carver

And beat Nebraska on the road

Those are distinct possibilities

At Ohio State and Wisconsin just might not be Ws

:cool:
All true but I'm slightly bummed that we probably lost the double bye last night.

We are going to play Thursday, against a team that will have a Wednesday win under their belt, and who will have a thorough knowledge of our history against double digit seeds in Thursday games.

We have to clear that hurdle, or it's hello seven or eight seed.

I'm going to stop rooting for the team's above us to lose, like Michigan at Minnesota tonight. We're not catching them. I want the team's below us like Ohio State and Minnesota and Illinois to keep losing. I don't want them catching us.

He put Kriener in instead.

Is it unfair to say that Garza's September cyst removal is finally catching up to him?. He looks worn down physically. And he loves a physical game.

I think it’s totally fair to say that. He just hasn’t been himself the last few games. Maybe he should sit out a few games. Not to punish him to help him get his second wind for the upcoming B1G tourney and the NCAA tourney. Let’s dont kid ourselfs. For Iowa to finish strong this year we are going to need Garza at his best.

Sure. And who was he going to tell to stop Cowan from driving since he decided to play man.

The reason Ferdinand got the offensive tip is because Cowan drove by Bohannon so Kreiner has to come over to get in front of Cowan or there would have been a layup instead of a tip in

Yes that lack of speed at the guard position defensively has been a problem. By the way on their winning basket go back and review the game. On that particular play four Iowa players couldn’t defens their guard and screen out their BIG four on two. Obviously there’s a coaching breakdown on screening out the BIG. Does it take four of our guys to defend the basket? Could at least one of them jump out and put a hip into their Big and nudge him out away from the basket before the ball leaves the shooters hands??? Boxing out 101.

And if we'd have played well and shot anywhere close to season avg, wed have won. Turgeon just said Iowa did Md a huge favor by missing a bunch of open 3s in the first half..that they usually dont.

Iowa has not played well in the last 3 games, it caught up to them.

Yeah, we've pulled a few out, and it's been exciting, but other than Michigan, we haven't really played well for awhile. I think they're capable, but need to step it up from here on out.

Here’s what bothers me. Iowa is now 1-5 against the top teams in the Big 10.
Our chances of getting a conference tournament double bye just took a severe hit. A win last night and I would have liked our chances.

The 1-5 you mention gives almost every team above us a tiebreaker advantage. Michigan being the exception. Even if Michigan or Sparty collapse and fall to sixth we're not jumping Wisconsin or Maryland. They have technical two game leads on us with tiebreakers in play and they both have favorable schedules down the stretch.

Our chances of getting a conference tournament double bye just took a severe hit. A win last night and I would have liked our chances.

The 1-5 you mention gives almost every team above us a tiebreaker advantage. Michigan being the exception. Even if Michigan or Sparty collapse and fall to sixth we're not jumping Wisconsin or Maryland. They have technical two game leads on us with tiebreakers in play and they both have favorable schedules down the stretch.
Win out and WI can do no better than a tie with us for 5th. If MI loses their 3 tough road games they are also part of the tie and we are the 4 seed. Nothing is decided yet.

Latest posts