Official Game Thread

We all wanted a change, we got it. Going to take time. Why are we surprised? With that said this game reminds me of the last time we played Northern Illinois at Soldier Field.

Offense can't finish a drive. Defense has problems. Bullock, CJ looking good. Garmon looked a little overwhelmed. New offense looks a lot like the old offense, just up tempo.

Yeah I don't get where the new look is other than the designed QB draw

Last november I thought I had an ulcer. It went away in December. It's back again; started about an hour ago.

what's really sad is this club has no one who just likes to dominate, likes to beat people, likes to get nasty. when iowa's had the bulaga's, the gallery's, the angerer's, the roth's, the sander's, they've had an edge, a chip on their shoulder. there is no one who just exudes "get ready for a fight". the attitude that iowa used to have isn't there right now. i hope a guy like brian ferentz brings that back. but this club is far from it through 2 quarters. it really makes football hard to watch..especially in this sec infested place i live in

We didn't even take a shot deep, all we ran were 5 yard hitches and outs. The running game is unspectacular. The O-line struggles to protect against an average looking d-line. On defense we cannot stop the run. This is going to be a long year

the running game may not be spectacular but bullock is doing a nice job and way better than I think anyone thought the running attack would be

i do like that PA bubble screen they ran to shumpert. they should try that again in the second half. We'll see if davis pulls out any tricks second half.

I knew the offense would not be good. Why did the QB run for no gain with 23 seconds left causing Iowa to burn their last timeout? Why didn't he throw the ball out of bounds?

Lot of overreacting. It's the first half of the first game with this young D and new coaches. Let's see how they adjust in the second. Im no where near throwing the towel in.

Iowa does not seem to have a game breaker or a guy who can make a big play.

Iowa is not playing with any emotion - they look bored out there.

dline is getting whiped.

plodding offense. poor run defense.

Surprised at weakness in pass protection for our Oline. Expect to have their collective a$$es handed to them at halftime and come out with some attitude in 2nd half.

We got them right where we want them, folks. Lulled them to sleep in the first half, unleash a powerful offense in the second half. They'll never know what hit them. I almost feel sorry for the poor Huskies for what's about to happen.
Exactly, Fm......

They are ours to toy with now......

:)

Lot of overreacting. It's the first half of the first game with this young D and new coaches. Let's see how they adjust in the second. Im no where near throwing the towel in.

I'm OK with that.
We'll check back with you.

Until then, I'm gonna go ahead and melt.

Latest posts