*** OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: IOWA @ PITTSBURGH ***

Yeah, if you had to compile a greatest hits of Davis gameplan failures, this probably ranks just about last on the list. For the first time this year, Iowa looks to have a game plan, is running PA and a lot of vertical routes. Should have had 7 on Powell's mishap, and the third down play had 2 wide open receivers that Rudock missed...Add in the Vandeberg drop that would have been a first down...Today, and only today, this is on the players. That pains me to say, because I think Davis should be fired. But the play calling is not costing Iowa today.

Defense is a dumpster-fire. slow, weak, and injured.

Good post

Pitt has twice the top as the Hawks. We need to change that in the 2nd half or it isn't going to be pretty. Our running game just isn't there this year.

Play calling is 12 rushes to 11 passes. Good balance. Deep attempts opening running lanes. Improvement on offense. Pitt is really good, though. The Stat that jumped out at me before the game was 60 points off turnovers. They get it done.

This is really reaching for positives. Who gives a phuk about balance? Pitt doesn't and is owning us. This rigid balanced o stance by kf is phuking stupid. Pretty clear we can't run the goddamn ball.

Offense was gonna have to out play the defense by a wide margin for iowa to succeed this year. Make a couple extra catched that were dropped and that would have seemed the case this half.

First you morons gripe about how we don't put our best players on the field. Then, YOUR guys go and prove the case...

I'll still take trying to get the ball to Powell even though he had a couple of turd play in the first half. I know that he has potential to make big plays because I've seen it. I don't understand your point. Are you happy with last weeks performance and continue to prove that they are not successful at this level?

it is not going to end well....and we are looking at the potential successor on the Pitt sideline

This is really reaching for positives. Who gives a phuk about balance? Pitt doesn't and is owning us. This rigid balanced o stance by kf is phuking stupid. Pretty clear we can't run the goddamn ball.

Iowa has 48 yards on 12 carries. I would call 4.0 yards a carry proof that they actually can run the ball in this game.

Latest posts