*** OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: IOWA @ PITTSBURGH ***

Maybe CJB isnt Stanzi. He might be Chuck Long with athleticism. Or Brad Banks that can throw better.

He already looks better than pre-senior Stanzi in my mind. Of course that's a lot of overreaction after one good half but his arm and his awareness on the blitzes we're awesome.

Kirk royally screwed up the Stanzi/Christensen situation for a few weeks and it was pretty clear cut who was the better QB (one guy is on an NFL roster, the other played for some German league team which I didn't know existed until I googled his name to double check the spelling)

Ruddock/Beathard isn't as clear cut I don't think (though who knows, C.J has some skills) so I wouldn't be shocked if Jake starts next week.

You cannot be serious? Not clear cut? CJ has led 4 scoring drives in 5 possessions. The fifth was to close out the game. Not sure what game some of our fans are watching?

Quite right, Melissa.....

:rolleyes:

It's tough to out smash mouth Iowa football for a whole game. You have to have something else to go to besides run up the middle, no matter how tough your running back is, and they didn't. Once we stopped the run consistently we rattled a not very good QB with some blitzes and stole a game we had no business winning after the first half.

You cannot be serious? Not clear cut? CJ has led 4 scoring drives in 5 possessions. The fifth was to close out the game. Not sure what game some of our fans are watching?
Yes, and all while getting very little playing time. Can't wait to see what he can do with more experience!

"As" is the key word there.

The gap between CJ and Jake isn't as wide as it was between Stanzi and the other Jake thus I don't really trust Kirk to not screw up that decision seeing as he screwed up the other one for a while.

"As" is the key word there.

The gap between CJ and Jake isn't as wide as it was between Stanzi and the other Jake thus I don't really trust Kirk to not screw up that decision seeing as he screwed up the other one for a while.

Didn't Jake come in and relieve Stanzi to win a game?

I will never understand how the post count works. No big deal, but one time when I was at something kike 9,999, my next post showed 9,100 posts. Today my last post on the game thread, left me at 11,999. My next post on OT, dropped to 11,801. Don't really care but wonder what the deal is.....

:cool:

I will never understand how the post count works. No big deal, but one time when I was at something kike 9,999, my next post showed 9,100 posts. Today my last post on the game thread, left me at 11,999. My next post on OT, dropped to 11,801. Don't really care but wonder what the deal is.....

:cool:
Could be VintageHawkeye stealing our post number or what?

You've always been a fool of a poster and this just proves it.

Should Powell still sit? Who's the moron now bob?

Totally wrong, Bob is not a fool and a very good poster who is not afraid to state his opinion no matter what anyone else thinks. He has the courage of his convictions....

Latest posts