*** OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: IOWA @ PITTSBURGH ***

The last 3 points were non sense. The home town play clock guys did not run any time off on the plays during that drive until the play had been going on for several seconds. There should be some way that the coaches can challenge the start of the clock time because that was ridicules. If they had not extended the drive for their team there would have been no way that they would have had enough time for the attempt.

No team go out and smash them this half, the physical hits by the Iowa defense are taking their toll on them. I am not happy with the yardage, but I like it when they got a lot of guys to the ball and caused the Pitt RB some pain on their second to last drive. Keep up the pain on him, they are relying on one guy for too much of their offense. Bring 5-6 guys in, hit him hard, make it difficult for him to continue.

That chinese fire drill on 3rd and short leaves a little to be desired.

Agreed, but I think it was a called run that they sniffed out. Good defensive coaching by Pitt on that play. Chryst ain't doing anything fancy, he's just running the type of program that Iowa had a few years ago and he's got a stellar tailback. You can see the Bielema/Iowa influence in his team. I'm jealous because he's got some serious hosses on his team.

Bx71z8qIYAAfwVY.jpg

Still accepting donations!

Brought to you by DJK Financial.

Play calling is 12 rushes to 11 passes. Good balance. Deep attempts opening running lanes. Improvement on offense. Pitt is really good, though. The Stat that jumped out at me before the game was 60 points off turnovers. They get it done.

The last 3 points were non sense. The home town play clock guys did not run any time off on the plays during that drive until the play had been going on for several seconds. There should be some way that the coaches can challenge the start of the clock time because that was ridicules. If they had not extended the drive for their team there would have been no way that they would have had enough time for the attempt.

No team go out and smash them this half, the physical hits by the Iowa defense are taking their toll on them. I am not happy with the yardage, but I like it when they got a lot of guys to the ball and caused the Pitt RB some pain on their second to last drive. Keep up the pain on him, they are relying on one guy for too much of their offense. Bring 5-6 guys in, hit him hard, make it difficult for him to continue.

I think Ott got held on that play that went to set up the FG, too. He got tackled by the lineman right when he got to the QB. Oh well. Need a 3 and out to start the half. If we don't get one, we will lose big.

Play calling is 12 rushes to 11 passes. Good balance. Deep attempts opening running lanes. Improvement on offense. Pitt is really good, though. The Stat that jumped out at me before the game was 60 points off turnovers. They get it done.
Pitt isn't a good team. They have 2 players on offense and that's it.

Really? You are going to this card? Who are you trolling? You know what is coming.

Pitt is materially better than NU, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana and Minnesota. We should be able to get to 6-6 unless Kurt totally loses the team yet again. I don't see those teams dominating us in the trenches the way Pitt is.

Going?!?! This team is gone. **** poor qb play again and no CJ. Barely 100 yrs at half. This can't go on past this year. This program is nose diving and and cpt deep pockets seems content to ride this losing, archaic strategy right into the phuking abyss.

Sure felt like 100 years!

Yes those guys are holding Ott too, he is wrecking machine and they can't do anything else. If only they would call it. I am still ypset about the clack and the calls on the last drive.

I think it is both naïve and unrealistic to expect a college team to hit their first road game and be hitting on all cylinders when they were embarrassed the week before by ISU. Iowa may or may not win today, but losing at home to ISU appears to be beating Iowa twice.

Latest posts