!*****Official 'Franny Earns An 0-3 B1G Start vs Most Hated Rival' Game Thread*****!

You people piss me off so f#$#ing much. This is about Fran not Kirk, say what you want but you can't begin to compare the two guys. Kirk is classy and you cannot argue with his success. It is wrong to put him at Fran's level. So bitch about Fran but leave Kirk out of it.

Agreed. Kirk's best days are probably behind him but he's won two conference titles and has 5 Top 10 finishes nationally.

Fran.. Not so much.

You people piss me off so f#$#ing much. This is about Fran not Kirk, say what you want but you can't begin to compare the two guys. Kirk is classy and you cannot argue with his success. It is wrong to put him at Fran's level. So bitch about Fran but leave Kirk out of it.
I'll bitch about whoever the F I want tough guy! You the fucking HN police now! God I can't stand dick heads like you! For the most part forums are opinions of everyone some good, bad and ugly! Pay me 5-6 million a year and I'll be the classiest SOB you ever knew. It Kirk classy? Yes. Is Kirk run a clean program? Yes. Has Kirk done some good things for the program? Yes. But in 20 damn years I would of hoped so! And is Kirk in a spotlight position to be critiqued? Yes!

If we don't have Garza's physical presence on Sunday we will get destroyed.

Copeland, Palmer and Roby will spend the afternoon running a personal tip drill amongst themselves.

And when we don't rebound, we compound it by not getting back, a lethal combination. Nebraska sort of has a point guard, too.

The similarities to football are interesting. Both have the family scholarship program going. Also, both routinely play absolutely nobody in the non conference annually and then most yrs muddle the conference season. There are a few stark differences though. One, kirk has the incredible advantage of the ridiculous bowl system that is more popularity contest than earned. Fran is trying to do it the kirk way by stacking cupcake wins but that gets more scrutinized in hoops. Two, kf has figured out his only way to win is through defense. Fran hasn’t figured this out yet. Until he does, they’ll go nowhere as like kirk, he has proven he can’t recruit sexy players. Finally, kf has figured out how to play to the emotion of Iowa fans. Iowans love them a good walk on story. So does kirk. Kf also loves to cry after “big” wins and has played the “wave” as well as anyone possibly could have. He has made everything about his tenure anything but quality wins or titles. In that department, he can never measure up because “we are not sexy”. Aw shucks. Fran has a lot to learn from kirk. He needs to do a much better job of faking his program is competing like kirk and Mr. Davis if he knows what’s best for him
College FB has a big advantage, what, 30 or so teams end the season with a bowl "win." Legacy, winner, tenure, $$$

I got to admit all and you can say what you want about me but the older I get the more distant I am becoming of the Hawks.
I quit buying football season tickets two years ago and I can barely stand to watch bb period. I have dedicated most of my life forty nine years this University in emotion, money and support but I am sick of mediocrities. I know we have had some great times and some nice bowls but when it was really on the line i.e rosebowls, light schedules, we have never met the task and if this it, all there is then damn! How one fucking guy, barta has the power to keep us from ever
Achieving long term success is beyond me.
I guess when the old rich millionaire boosters that are content with this status die off things may change but I doubt I see it or to old fucking enjoy it!
Lower your expectations, like the coaches and AD, that will make you feel better.

Hey give Fran a break, not counting Bryant and Savanah St. he only had three weeks to prepare for this game.
And theirin lies the rub, which was the subject of several threads a couple weeks ago. You cannot possibly prepare for Purdue on the road with back to back to back sub 300 RPI teams. IT CAN'T BE DONE!

script>
I'll bitch about whoever the F I want tough guy! You the fucking HN police now! God I can't stand dick heads like you! For the most part forums are opinions of everyone some good, bad and ugly! Pay me 5-6 million a year and I'll be the classiest SOB you ever knew. It Kirk classy? Yes. Is Kirk run a clean program? Yes. Has Kirk done some good things for the program? Yes. But in 20 damn years I would of hoped so! And is Kirk in a spotlight position to be critiqued? Yes!
Exactly why I can say what I want. You are a douche this is the basketball board, or maybe you struggle reading. Lighten up Francis.

Last edited:
And theirin lies the rub, which was the subject of several threads a couple weeks ago. You cannot possibly prepare for Purdue on the road with back to back to back sub 300 RPI teams. IT CAN'T BE DONE!

I was certain that gritty win over Bryant would hone the Hawks’ competitive edge.o_O

Guess it’s back to the practice court and film room to figure out what the heck is stopping this team from reaching its peak.:confused::rolleyes:

Our second teamers sure as hell don’t prepare us for anything

Nebraska is loaded with talent, don't know how Miles gets them to the cornfields of Nebraska so much better than Fran to the cornfields of Iowa, maybe $$$$$, just guessing.
There's more coming as well. He has, sitting out as a transfer, the leading scorer from George Mason last year.

They gave the Maryland game away then other night however. On Maryland's last possession with the game on the line, Miles inexplicably went to a 1-3-1. Maryland got the ball to the middle and won it with a ten foot floater.

Nebraska is loaded with talent, don't know how Miles gets them to the cornfields of Nebraska so much better than Fran to the cornfields of Iowa, maybe $$$$$, just guessing.
My guess is that Tim Miles HAS to recruit talent because his boss will fire his ass if he doesn't put competitive teams on the floor. Fran doesn't have that hammer hanging over his head.

Last edited:
This is another bad basketball team. Not

My guess is that Tim Miles HAS to recruit talent because his boss will fire his ass if he doesn't put competitive teams on the floor. Fran doesn't have that hammer hanging over his head.
Jacobson was one of the players shown the door at the of 2017. Replaced by Palmer and Copeland.

Latest posts