!*****Official 'Franny Earns An 0-3 B1G Start vs Most Hated Rival' Game Thread*****!

Fran should be coaching for his job, but instead he didn’t do much to upgrade our roster in the offseason when it was clear we needed backcourt help then he’s redshirting one of our better players in Nunge because he doesn’t have the guts to sit guys who aren’t good enough. If it’s not already, this season could be over by about this time on Sunday.
Trouble is, he doesn’t have to “coach for his job” because he is in absolutely no danger of being fired....and he knows it.

Iowa Coaches:
Aroragary-Office-Space-what-is-it-that-you-do-here1.gif
Francis and Dillard dress well...

The program is a conference laughing stock. Can score points not interested or intelligent enough to play D. Certainly no toughness which is what it takes to be nasty on D.

Well Iowa won their Superbowl this year in basketball, obviously everything else is gravy from here on out. My god.

The only thing this program has accomplished in the past few years is giving the head coach's kids a free education. That's it.
The similarities to football are interesting. Both have the family scholarship program going. Also, both routinely play absolutely nobody in the non conference annually and then most yrs muddle the conference season. There are a few stark differences though. One, kirk has the incredible advantage of the ridiculous bowl system that is more popularity contest than earned. Fran is trying to do it the kirk way by stacking cupcake wins but that gets more scrutinized in hoops. Two, kf has figured out his only way to win is through defense. Fran hasn’t figured this out yet. Until he does, they’ll go nowhere as like kirk, he has proven he can’t recruit sexy players. Finally, kf has figured out how to play to the emotion of Iowa fans. Iowans love them a good walk on story. So does kirk. Kf also loves to cry after “big” wins and has played the “wave” as well as anyone possibly could have. He has made everything about his tenure anything but quality wins or titles. In that department, he can never measure up because “we are not sexy”. Aw shucks. Fran has a lot to learn from kirk. He needs to do a much better job of faking his program is competing like kirk and Mr. Davis if he knows what’s best for him

Has Fran NOT had enough years to build a program? I mean c'mon we go on the road and you can just mail it in that we are going to get crushed. I don't think we win a road game this year. I don't even see us playing a competitive road game....this is really remarkable that this team is that pathetic on the road. #donewithFran

Anyone else a little peeved at how Revsine ( a former QCA TV guy, no less) and Bardo are just trashing Iowa as an overrated and underperforming team given their experience and “skill”??!!

Do they not know that only us “Nation” members are allowed to trash Iowa for being an overrated, underperforming team. Beyond the pale!

Latest posts