OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

I am hearing that the new OC still uses a Mr Coffee. If the guy isn't doing the pour over method then well I say FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

I am hearing that the new OC still uses a Mr Coffee. If the guy isn't doing the pour over method then well I say FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

I use a Mr. Coffee, and I resemble that statement. I'm starting to think this Lester guy ain't too bad, and perhaps he should be elevated to The Mr. Coffee Assistant to the Associate Head Coach, in addition to his OC title.

Ah.......Mr. Coffee > Keurig.

Keurigs absolutely suck and are for people who don't even know how to make a pot of solid coffee but want to say they are coffee connoisseurs. The actual engineering that goes into a good coffee maker as far as the steep and drip speed for a great cup of Joe is crucial. Just plowing water over a K-cup to pump out a cup as fast as ya can IS NOT THE ANSWER! The coffee tastes absolutely horrible out of those things and is greatly off balance.

No reason to pay triple for a cup of bad coffee.

Last edited:
I use a Mr. Coffee, and I resemble that statement. I'm starting to think this Lester guy ain't too bad, and perhaps he should be elevated to The Mr. Coffee Assistant to the Associate Head Coach, in addition to his OC title.
I'd rather have a Mr. Coffee and Maxwell House kind for an OC than a preppy OC French Pressin' a Harry & David's Vanilla Creme Brulee, if you know what I mean!

Maybe I'll brew a pot of folgers with Mr. Coffee to see how it compares.

Hey why not do percolator... ? that takes a long time... those take you back to the 70s and before....my internet research shows its not that long

7-10 minutes

How long do you let coffee percolate in a percolator? Depending on the desired strength level, you'll want to percolate coffee for 7-10 minutes. It's important to keep even heat in the percolator during this process (an area where electric coffee percolators definitely shi

What kind of food or beverage snobs are the worst? And for what food/beverage is it okay to be a snob because the good stuff is so much better than the low-end?

Maybe I'll brew a pot of folgers with Mr. Coffee to see how it compares.

Hey why not do percolator... ? that takes a long time... those take you back to the 70s and before....my internet research shows its not that long

7-10 minutes

How long do you let coffee percolate in a percolator? Depending on the desired strength level, you'll want to percolate coffee for 7-10 minutes. It's important to keep even heat in the percolator during this process (an area where electric coffee percolators definitely shi

I can taste the bitterness now pulling a cup from a percolator where coffee has been convalescing for 4 hrs.

Actually, I brew a pot of coffee and get if off my Mr. Coffee warming pad when done and into a stainless steel carafe. I don't even let it keep burning on the heat pad on the machine.

Last edited:
Anyone here ever been to the boutique upscale seafood restaurant called Long John Silvers?

They still around? I was never a hush puppies fan. I think they were one of the first restaurants to hook up and share a lease with another business, connected to each other.

They still around? I was never a hush puppies fan. I think they were one of the first restaurants to hook up and share a lease with another business, connected to each other.

Yeah, they're still around. There is one near my house. It used to also have an A&W but they redid it and now it is just a LJS. I haven't been bince they ditched the A&W but I had one helluva combo going there with a loaded chili dog, chicken plank and frites (that is French for fries) from the LJS side so they got fried in that fishy oil. Top it off with a root beer float. OMG, soooooo good.

Good post, except: Maxwell House? Really?
Nah. I'd prefer Eight O'clock or Chock Full O Nuts. I just said Maxwell trying to think of the equivalent what would be yellow buzz water for a beer.

I actually really liked a regular coffee named McFadden's I used to get at Fareway but the discontinued it. It was the bomb, so aromatic, deep and non bitter. Pizzed they stopped making that. I think the Verena Street coffee co made that McFaddens. They prob have an equiv on the shelf named something else.

What, are you a Folgers guy? Sanka?
Not long ago. I started getting my coffee through the mail. It is fresh roasted and ground.The coffee comes from around the world. Africa, Mexico, Central and South America. I receive a card explaining the origins, types of growing areas and climates, boldness ratings, and cool photos. Have not met a variety I did not like. Fun times. I do have the option of individual selections, but so far I like exploring.

Latest posts