OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

I got some black truffle ketchup as a gift, that is pretty good stuff.

Where do people stand on Sriracha? Seems like a lot of people love to dump on it since it became popular, but for my money, that is still an excellent condiment. Sambal oelek is great if you can find it, but if not, Sriracha adds a great flavor.
Sriracha is OK, but it doesn't taste as good as it used to with the peppers from the old farm. The Huy Fong Sambal Oelek is great stuff. I really should start keeping that on hand.

Honest to the good Lord above, I just made Oyster Stew on New Years Day. Not kidding.

I also like oysters on the half shell.

I love me a good batch of oyster stew. I haven't had it in years since the rest of the family doesn't care for it. My dad and I used to have it every year for Christmas. Nowadays, I love me some smoked oysters in the can the whole year round. I've actually found those sold at Aldi to be the best tasting, and they're the cheapest too (only $1.45/can right now). I sometimes drain the can ('er I mean drink the smokey cottonseed oil - can't let that stuff go to waste) and make a sandwich out of them with some avocado and a dash of salt & pepper. Don't knock it until you try it.

One last thing...if you want the best buffalo wing flavor use Louisiana Hot Sauce. It tastes soooo much better than Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

Last edited:
COOPER DEJEAN DID NOT INITIATE AN INVALID FAIR CATCH SIGNAL DURING HIS MIRACLE RETURN AGAINST MINNESOTA. IT WAS THE WORST CALL EVER AND THE REF WHO MADE IT SHOULD FEEL WORSE THAN JIM BAIN.

AND ONE MORE THING. FIRE TIM LESTER.

Sriracha is OK, but it doesn't taste as good as it used to with the peppers from the old farm. The Huy Fong Sambal Oelek is great stuff. I really should start keeping that on hand.

I love me a good batch of oyster stew. I haven't had it in years since the rest of the family doesn't care for it. My dad and I used to have it every year for Christmas. Nowadays, I love me some smoked oysters in the can the whole year round. I've actually found those sold at Aldi to be the best tasting, and they're the cheapest too (only $1.45/can right now). I sometimes drain the can ('er I mean drink the smokey cottonseed oil - can't let that stuff go to waste) and make a sandwich out of them with some avocado and a dash of salt & pepper. Don't knock it until you try it.

One last thing...if you want the best buffalo wing flavor use Louisiana Hot Sauce. It tastes soooo much better than Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

Been there and done that. I agree and from Aldi's. I tried it on a whim once when in there and just happened to pick it up as was pretty cheap. I was surprised how good it is.

And if I turn this into my food blog, I need to know one thing: Do most of you guys have meat slicers at home or should I assume that only freaks like me have a home meat slicer? If you live in a huge city like Chicago with a really high concentration of actual Asian supermarkets you won't need a meat slicer because you can buy properly prepped meat at those places, but when I moved to Cackalack after being in Chicagoland I had to get a meat slicer because I can't find the proper cuts and even the butchers are hit or miss with special requests if they don't know what you're trying to make, which most don't. I suspect anyone living in Iowa is constrained with the same limitation.
I have a meat slicer, but now unfortunately only have two fingers left, my forefinger and thumb on my L hand. I only have enough now to pick up a smoked oyster.

read somewhre that Lim Tester worked at a mean packing plant..something about losing fingers

Bumping just to keep this up top. Haven't posted in two days, but my views are unchanged:

FIRE TIM LESTER

If Timmy calls one play this fall it will be one play too many, one play closer to his end, one play closer to offensive ineptitude.

Get a rope.

We've got a guy who played o-line in the SEC who was born in 1980 at my firm. I called him a Millennial in front of our partners' meeting a couple of weeks ago and thought he was going to murder me. The meeting was sidetracked to confirm that the official start date of the Millennial generation is 1981 (ends in 1996) so I apologize for previously calling you a Millennial.

Your recollection of this catch line bailed you out.

Making wings this weekend, willing to share the recipe? This will be a new endeavor for me.
Sure. For one standard pkg of wings:

1/2 cup Louisiana sauce
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, I usually go 5/8)
2 TBS worsterchire sauce

I like to grill my wings nice and brown over charcoal but anyway you want to cook them is fine.