OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

I can’t wait for the open practice so we can watch Lester fall right on his ugly, smug, shit grin eating face! My bad, was thinking of Brian’s arrogant ass. Fire Lester anyways! I heard he eats ketchup with his already seasoned, fried, boneless chicken Dino nuggets!

In the 1970s, General Motors (GM) operated several brands, each with its own distinct identity, target market, and product offerings. Let's compare and contrast them to determine if they were different or redundant:

1. Chevrolet:
    • Positioning: Chevrolet was GM's mainstream brand, known for offering a wide range of vehicles catering to diverse customer needs and budgets.
    • Product Range: Chevrolet offered everything from compact cars like the Nova to full-size sedans like the Impala, trucks, and performance models like the Camaro.
    • Market Segment: Chevrolet targeted the mass market, aiming to appeal to a broad spectrum of buyers with its affordable pricing and varied lineup.
    • Differentiation: While Chevrolet models shared platforms and components with other GM brands, they differentiated themselves through unique styling, features, and marketing strategies.
  2. Pontiac:
    • Positioning: Pontiac was positioned as GM's performance-oriented brand, offering sportier and more performance-oriented vehicles compared to Chevrolet.
    • Product Range: Pontiac offered models like the Firebird, Grand Prix, and GTO, which emphasized performance, styling, and driving dynamics.
    • Market Segment: Pontiac targeted buyers looking for a blend of performance and style, often attracting younger and more enthusiast-oriented customers than Chevrolet.
    • Differentiation: Pontiac models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured unique styling cues, performance enhancements, and marketing campaigns to distinguish themselves in the market.
  3. Oldsmobile:
    • Positioning: Oldsmobile positioned itself as a more premium brand within GM, offering a combination of luxury, performance, and innovation.
    • Product Range: Oldsmobile offered models like the Cutlass, Delta 88, and Toronado, which featured upscale amenities, advanced technology, and a focus on comfort.
    • Market Segment: Oldsmobile targeted affluent buyers seeking a higher level of refinement and luxury compared to Chevrolet and Pontiac.
    • Differentiation: Oldsmobile models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured unique styling, luxury features, and advanced technology to appeal to its target demographic.
  4. Buick:
    • Positioning: Buick positioned itself as a premium brand within GM, offering a blend of luxury, comfort, and performance.
    • Product Range: Buick offered models like the Riviera, Electra, and Skylark, which emphasized upscale amenities, refined styling, and a smooth driving experience.
    • Market Segment: Buick targeted discerning buyers seeking a higher level of luxury, comfort, and prestige compared to Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile.
    • Differentiation: Buick models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured distinctive styling, upscale interiors, and advanced technology to cater to its upscale customer base.
While GM's brands shared platforms and components to some extent, they differentiated themselves through unique styling, features, marketing strategies, and target demographics.

compare and contrast full sized sedans from GM in the 1970s

ChatGPT
In the 1970s, General Motors offered a range of full-sized sedans across its various brands. Let's compare and contrast them:
  1. Chevrolet Impala/Caprice:
    • Comparison: Both the Impala and the Caprice were iconic full-size sedans from Chevrolet. The Impala typically targeted a broader market segment, offering a balance of performance, style, and affordability. The Caprice, on the other hand, was positioned as a more luxurious variant of the Impala, featuring upscale amenities and a more refined driving experience.
    • Contrast: While both shared similar platforms and mechanical components, the Caprice differentiated itself with additional chrome trim, more luxurious interiors, and a focus on comfort and elegance. The Impala, on the other hand, often featured sportier styling cues and a slightly lower level of standard features.
  2. Pontiac Bonneville/Catalina:
    • Comparison: Pontiac offered the Bonneville and the Catalina as its full-sized sedan offerings. The Bonneville typically targeted a more upscale market segment, featuring luxurious amenities, elegant styling, and a smooth ride. The Catalina, while still offering a comfortable and spacious interior, catered to a slightly more budget-conscious audience.
    • Contrast: The Bonneville often came with more standard features, upscale interior materials, and additional styling enhancements compared to the Catalina. Additionally, the Bonneville might have offered more powerful engine options and a smoother ride quality.
  3. Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight/Delta 88:
    • Comparison: Oldsmobile's lineup included the Ninety-Eight and the Delta 88 as its full-size sedans. The Ninety-Eight was positioned as the flagship model, featuring a spacious and luxurious interior, advanced technology, and a smooth ride. The Delta 88, while still offering many of the same features, targeted a slightly lower price point.
    • Contrast: The Ninety-Eight often came with more upscale amenities, advanced safety features, and a more refined driving experience compared to the Delta 88. It might have also featured more distinctive styling cues and a quieter cabin.
  4. Buick Electra/LeSabre:
    • Comparison: Buick's full-size sedan lineup included the Electra and the LeSabre. The Electra was positioned as the top-of-the-line model, offering luxurious amenities, refined styling, and a smooth, comfortable ride. The LeSabre, while still providing a comfortable and spacious interior, targeted a slightly more budget-friendly audience.
    • Contrast: The Electra typically came with more advanced features, higher-quality interior materials, and a smoother ride compared to the LeSabre. It might have also offered more powerful engine options and a greater emphasis on luxury and refinement.
Overall, while the full-sized sedans from General Motors in the 1970s shared similarities in terms of size and platform, they differentiated themselves through styling, features, amenities, and overall positioning in the market, catering to a diverse range of buyers with varying preferences and priorities.

You

describe the diffence between the chevrolet Impalla and the Chevrolet caprice during the 1950-1975

ChatGPT
During the 1950-1975 period, both the Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Caprice were iconic American cars, but they had distinct differences in terms of design, features, and target market.
  1. Design and Styling:
    • The Chevrolet Impala was introduced in 1958 as a sleek, sporty, and stylish full-size car. It featured a more youthful and aerodynamic design, often characterized by its iconic tailfins in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
    • In contrast, the Chevrolet Caprice was introduced in 1965 as a luxury trim level of the Impala. It featured a more upscale and refined design, with added chrome trim, luxurious interiors, and a focus on comfort and elegance.
  2. Features and Amenities:
    • The Impala was marketed as a mid-range full-size car, offering a balance of performance, style, and affordability. It typically came with standard features for its time, but it was not as lavishly equipped as the Caprice.
    • The Caprice, being the luxury variant, came with more upscale features and amenities. These included options like power windows, power seats, upgraded upholstery, and additional comfort and convenience features.
  3. Target Market:
    • The Impala appealed to a broader demographic, including families and young buyers looking for a combination of style and affordability. It was a popular choice for those seeking a balance between performance and practicality.
    • The Caprice, on the other hand, targeted a more affluent market segment seeking luxury and prestige. It was often chosen by buyers who wanted a higher level of comfort, sophistication, and prestige associated with a luxury vehicle.
  4. Performance:
    • Both the Impala and the Caprice were available with a range of engine options over the years, offering varying levels of performance. However, the Caprice might have had more emphasis on smooth, refined driving characteristics, catering to its luxury positioning.
  5. Evolution:
    • Over time, both models underwent changes to adapt to shifting market preferences and regulatory requirements. The Impala maintained its sporty image but evolved in design and features to stay relevant. The Caprice, meanwhile, continued to emphasize luxury and comfort, with each new generation incorporating advancements in technology and design.
Overall, while both the Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Caprice were part of the same family of cars and shared some similarities, they catered to different segments of the market and had distinct characteristics in terms of design, features, and target audience.

describe the diffence between the chevrolet Impalla and the Chevrolet caprice during the 1950-1975

ChatGPT
During the 1950-1975 period, both the Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Caprice were iconic American cars, but they had distinct differences in terms of design, features, and target market.
  1. Design and Styling:
    • The Chevrolet Impala was introduced in 1958 as a sleek, sporty, and stylish full-size car. It featured a more youthful and aerodynamic design, often characterized by its iconic tailfins in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
    • In contrast, the Chevrolet Caprice was introduced in 1965 as a luxury trim level of the Impala. It featured a more upscale and refined design, with added chrome trim, luxurious interiors, and a focus on comfort and elegance.
  2. Features and Amenities:
    • The Impala was marketed as a mid-range full-size car, offering a balance of performance, style, and affordability. It typically came with standard features for its time, but it was not as lavishly equipped as the Caprice.
    • The Caprice, being the luxury variant, came with more upscale features and amenities. These included options like power windows, power seats, upgraded upholstery, and additional comfort and convenience features.
  3. Target Market:
    • The Impala appealed to a broader demographic, including families and young buyers looking for a combination of style and affordability. It was a popular choice for those seeking a balance between performance and practicality.
    • The Caprice, on the other hand, targeted a more affluent market segment seeking luxury and prestige. It was often chosen by buyers who wanted a higher level of comfort, sophistication, and prestige associated with a luxury vehicle.
  4. Performance:
    • Both the Impala and the Caprice were available with a range of engine options over the years, offering varying levels of performance. However, the Caprice might have had more emphasis on smooth, refined driving characteristics, catering to its luxury positioning.
  5. Evolution:
    • Over time, both models underwent changes to adapt to shifting market preferences and regulatory requirements. The Impala maintained its sporty image but evolved in design and features to stay relevant. The Caprice, meanwhile, continued to emphasize luxury and comfort, with each new generation incorporating advancements in technology and design.
Overall, while both the Chevrolet Impala and the Chevrolet Caprice were part of the same family of cars and shared some similarities, they catered to different segments of the market and had distinct characteristics in terms of design, features, and target audience.
The thing you really need to know is that the Pontiac Tempest had positraction and was available in metallic mint green paint.

And Joe Pesci couldn't defend Tim Lester's offense. Time to fire Tim Lester.

In the 1970s, General Motors (GM) operated several brands, each with its own distinct identity, target market, and product offerings. Let's compare and contrast them to determine if they were different or redundant:

1. Chevrolet:
    • Positioning: Chevrolet was GM's mainstream brand, known for offering a wide range of vehicles catering to diverse customer needs and budgets.
    • Product Range: Chevrolet offered everything from compact cars like the Nova to full-size sedans like the Impala, trucks, and performance models like the Camaro.
    • Market Segment: Chevrolet targeted the mass market, aiming to appeal to a broad spectrum of buyers with its affordable pricing and varied lineup.
    • Differentiation: While Chevrolet models shared platforms and components with other GM brands, they differentiated themselves through unique styling, features, and marketing strategies.
  2. Pontiac:
    • Positioning: Pontiac was positioned as GM's performance-oriented brand, offering sportier and more performance-oriented vehicles compared to Chevrolet.
    • Product Range: Pontiac offered models like the Firebird, Grand Prix, and GTO, which emphasized performance, styling, and driving dynamics.
    • Market Segment: Pontiac targeted buyers looking for a blend of performance and style, often attracting younger and more enthusiast-oriented customers than Chevrolet.
    • Differentiation: Pontiac models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured unique styling cues, performance enhancements, and marketing campaigns to distinguish themselves in the market.
  3. Oldsmobile:
    • Positioning: Oldsmobile positioned itself as a more premium brand within GM, offering a combination of luxury, performance, and innovation.
    • Product Range: Oldsmobile offered models like the Cutlass, Delta 88, and Toronado, which featured upscale amenities, advanced technology, and a focus on comfort.
    • Market Segment: Oldsmobile targeted affluent buyers seeking a higher level of refinement and luxury compared to Chevrolet and Pontiac.
    • Differentiation: Oldsmobile models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured unique styling, luxury features, and advanced technology to appeal to its target demographic.
  4. Buick:
    • Positioning: Buick positioned itself as a premium brand within GM, offering a blend of luxury, comfort, and performance.
    • Product Range: Buick offered models like the Riviera, Electra, and Skylark, which emphasized upscale amenities, refined styling, and a smooth driving experience.
    • Market Segment: Buick targeted discerning buyers seeking a higher level of luxury, comfort, and prestige compared to Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile.
    • Differentiation: Buick models shared platforms with other GM brands but featured distinctive styling, upscale interiors, and advanced technology to cater to its upscale customer base.
While GM's brands shared platforms and components to some extent, they differentiated themselves through unique styling, features, marketing strategies, and target demographics.
No Cadillac?

Yeah, we were a mayo family growing up, and I am not a big fan of Mircacle Whip (tolerable on some sandwiches, not really any other good uses in my mind). My wife came from a Miracle Whip family. My kids are 3/3 in thinking Mayo rules and Miracle Whip is gross.

I was serious about trying Duke's and not being that impressed. It wasn't bad, but it was $1 more expensive than Hellman's, and it tasted pretty similar to me. Perhaps my mayo palette just isn't sophisticated enough?

WTF, my egg salad rules

That ain't it. I'm pretty sure I saw him roll up on campus in this.

View attachment 10833
I honest to God totaled a Pacer going only 4MPH, and no collision.

Our Pacer (Mom's) would clog. New driver that I was, I realized to hit the gas like popping a clutch when the engine bogged down. Crossing a rough train intersection, after waiting for a train ten feet away we started to cross, the car bogged (or so I thought) so I punched it little. The car twisted sideways, bro's head broke the wind shield, I broke ribs on the wheel. Couldn't go forward so we back up.

Turned out, while bouncing (very badly) something from the steering column got stuck under a rail and it twisted the frame. We had to climb out the back 'cuz the doors wouldn't open.

Fifty years later old Fred finally said he believed us about the wreck of AMC Pacer. He said neither Mikey or I had changed one detail of the story and no one could keep a very specific lie that clear for that many years.

You could blow by a Pacer in a Model T Ford.

Last edited:
I honest to God totaled a Pacer going only 4MPH, and no collision.

Our Pacer (Mom's) would clog and then, new driver as I was, realized when the engine bogged down to hit the gas like popping a clutch. Crossing a rough train intersection, after waiting for a train ten feet away we started to cross, the car bogged (or so I thought) so I punched it little. The car twisted sideways, bro's head broke the wind shield, I broke ribs on the wheel. Couldn't go forward so we back up.

Turned out, while bouncing (very badly) something from the steering column got stuck under a rail and it twisted the frame. We had to climb out the back 'cuz the doors wouldn't open.

Fifty years later old Fred finally said he believed us about the wreck of AMC Pacer. He said neither Mikey or I had changed one detail of the story and no one could a very specific lie that clear for that many years.

You could blow by a Pacer in a Model T Ford.

I believe it. My aunt, who used to and still lives in Humboldt, had a Gremlin. My cousin pulled up the floormats and carpet on the flooring to reveal actual holes in the chassis where rust had eaten through it. It was so thin. My aunt only drove it around Humboldt and wouldn't drive it on the highway, so she couldn't even take it to Fort Dodge.

Latest posts