OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

We need more post volume if this thing is gonna hit 100 pages come September, and it's the offseason.

If you have an obscure hobby or talent list it and expound on the topic...

Go...

1. Well, you know....if it wasn't for the UI Scottish Highlanders, I never would have discovered Iowa. Never would have attended Iowa. But I wanted to go somewhere where I would continue playing in college, even if not competitively or at a high level. So, yah. It's a talent and a hobby. Wouldn't call it totally obscure.

2. I can absolutely nail some impressions. But only distinctive laughs of 3rd rate reality TV stars.
Grandpa John from Gold Rush. Chef Ben from Below Deck. Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch. Stuff like that.
I'm not bragging when I say they're good. They're uncanny. Just can't imagine that would go over very well as an act, or I'd take it on the road.

Oddly, I can't do Jack Hoffman's laugh, but I can ramble on about "glory holes" and you'd think I was him if you weren't looking at me do it.

Last edited:
I tried Duke's Mayo for the first time today. Meh...miracle whip is better.
Miracle Whip is not mayo. First and foremost, I think one is either a Miracle Whip person or leans towards mayo. I grew up using Miracle Whip as that is what my mom bought. I as an adult shifted to mayo I think because my wife had that growing up. They are really two different products even though used similarly.

Some salads really call for Miracle Whip for the sweetness.

Miracle Whip is not mayo. First and foremost, I think one is either a Miracle Whip person or leans towards mayo. I grew up using Miracle Whip as that is what my mom bought. I as an adult shifted to mayo I think because my wife had that growing up. They are really two different products even though used similarly.

Kewpie FTW.
An egg salad with Kewpie? It's just "that" much better. Almost imperceptible...but only almost. It won't knock the doors off, but it is a slightly noticeable upgrade.

Yeah, we were a mayo family growing up, and I am not a big fan of Mircacle Whip (tolerable on some sandwiches, not really any other good uses in my mind). My wife came from a Miracle Whip family. My kids are 3/3 in thinking Mayo rules and Miracle Whip is gross.

I was serious about trying Duke's and not being that impressed. It wasn't bad, but it was $1 more expensive than Hellman's, and it tasted pretty similar to me. Perhaps my mayo palette just isn't sophisticated enough?

Kewpie FTW.
An egg salad with Kewpie? It's just "that" much better. Almost imperceptible...but only almost. It won't knock the doors off, but it is a slightly noticeable upgrade.

Is that a brand of Mayo? If so, can I find it in Hy-Vee?

Yeah, we were a mayo family growing up, and I am not a big fan of Mircacle Whip (tolerable on some sandwiches, not really any other good uses in my mind). My wife came from a Miracle Whip family. My kids are 3/3 in thinking Mayo rules and Miracle Whip is gross.

I was serious about trying Duke's and not being that impressed. It wasn't bad, but it was $1 more expensive than Hellman's, and it tasted pretty similar to me. Perhaps my mayo palette just isn't sophisticated enough?

Funny you mention it because I recently bought my first Duke's a couple months ago out of curiosity as well. It was in the store. I debated because as you point out it was significantly more in price. I took the chance and bought it and agree that it is not noticeable enough to validate the up in price.

I guess those FBS bowls sponsors know what the hell they are doing! Prob the reason I bought it.

We need more post volume if this thing is gonna hit 100 pages come September, and it's the offseason.

If you have an obscure hobby or talent list it and expound on the topic...

Go...
How about answering this question... You're marooned on a small deserted island. This island has some old buildings and plenty of food and resources to survive for a while. You have a clone that is trying to killing you and if the clone succeeds he takes your place in life. Both you and the clone are aware of the situation and have each other's same skills, knowledge and experience. The question is, if you are the clone how do you go about successfully killing yourself? On the flip side how do you protect yourself from being killed?...
I've thought about this some, and I am confident that I kill original me while sitting on the toilet... That's a vulnerable position..

How about answering this question... You're marooned on a small deserted island. This island has some old buildings and plenty of food and resources to survive for a while. You have a clone that is trying to killing you and if the clone succeeds he takes your place in life. Both you and the clone are aware of the situation and have each other's same skills, knowledge and experience. The question is, if you are the clone how do you go about successfully killing yourself? On the flip side how do you protect yourself from being killed?...
I've thought about this some, and I am confident that I kill original me while sitting on the toilet... That's a vulnerable position..
If my clone has the same skills, knowledge, and experience, I don't have much to worry about. He's too lazy and clumsy to be a threat.

Is that what happened to Elvis?

If I'm the clone, I run and hide for a month or two. Complacency is by far and away the most dangerous vulnerability there is. Not even close. After a couple months even the most vigilant and intelligent person out there is going to slip up and get a false sense of safety at some point.

At first I was going to say I'd turn it into a "who can stay awake the longest" contest but that would be a toss up since real me would think of the same thing, and I don't like toss-ups.

I am hearing that our OC does not like Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos. Dude doesn't really like Cheetos period but when he does eat them he is a baked guy. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER!

OK to foster discussion let's talk about Baked vs Crunchy Cheetos. What do you prefer? We should be able to add 3 pages to this SOB discussing viewpoints on this....at least. Oh and FTWL (FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER)

I am hearing that our OC does not like Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos. Dude doesn't really like Cheetos period but when he does eat them he is a baked guy. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER!

OK to foster discussion let's talk about Baked vs Crunchy Cheetos. What do you prefer? We should be able to add 3 pages to this SOB discussing viewpoints on this....at least. Oh and FTWL (FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER)

Crunchy, all the way.

You should post a poll.

Count me as a crunchy fan.

Is that a brand of Mayo? If so, can I find it in Hy-Vee?

Yah. It's been all the rage in the foodie community for a few years now. Food and Wine articles and whatnot. You see full shelves of it on The Bear.

It's Japanese.

I will say it is good. Not going to knock your socks off or make you say "wow, that's game changing" or "I've never tasted anything like that". I find more difference in texture than taste. Smoother? I guess.

I also find as an "ingredient", it's more versatile than others. As a straight up condiment? I'd be hard pressed to vocalize a huge difference.

Hy-Vee likely has it. Except maybe the Hy-Vee in Humboldt. Worst.hy-vee.ever.