**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Yea, didn't garza have like six or seven straight starts he left with.the lead last year and didn't get a win ?

1. David DeJesus, RF
2. Darwin Barney, 2B
3. Starlin Castro, SS
4. Alfonso Soriano, LF
5. Ian Stewart, 3B
6. Jeff Baker, 1B
7. Marlon Byrd, CF
8. Geovany Soto, C
9. Ryan Dempster, P

Good God, it's going to be a long year....

Just like the last 100

back end of the bullpen looks like it has every other year.... weak!
Wood and Marmol blow a win...

Wow, is this a rerun or what? Marmol comes in and gives up the leading run in the ninth. How many times did that happen last year?

I will know the Cubs are on the right track when they get rid of players like Wood and Marmol.

Wow, is this a rerun or what? Marmol comes in and gives up the leading run in the ninth. How many times did that happen last year?

Yep the more things change the more they stay the same. Marmol pitching with his hair on fire and giving up another loss.

Good pitching and bad offense is pretty much what I expected for the season.

The Cubs just lost .006 of their games in a season where they will likely lose many. Oh well, baseball is back and that is all that matters.

That was gut wrenching. I love this team and I see the future potential but that still sucked. ugh.

I hope you're referring to the Chicago Cubs as a baseball organization and not this particular version. If not, and you love the 2012 Cubs, I am afraid you're in for a major disappointment. I see this as a transition version of the team I hope the Cubs eventually become. Of course, I seem to remember thinking this in past seasons as well.

I would have loved to see the cubs keep Cashner to take over the closer role and deal Marmol, however it is what it is. I think the cubs will get better, even this year, but not be awesome. Wish I could've watched the game, hope to catch the next one. Good to hear Dempster looked good.

LOL, the Cubs lose in typical Cubs fashion.. I don't know if I could get used to a competent Cub team that dominates. But I would love to give it a try.

Bill Murray's reaction. :)

i

As a fan of the Nationals, I feel for you guys. But I am very happy Dempster left that game yesterday. I knew that it would most likely spell a win for the Nats. Hopefully, for all you fans sake the Cubs will get it together one of these years.

Latest posts