***OFFICIAL CUBS OFF-SEASON THREAD***

It is amazing how they do it every year when they usually get written off. I am impressed by that, but I still would love to see them lose.

It is amazing how they do it every year when they usually get written off. I am impressed by that, but I still would love to see them lose.

One of my Cub friends texted me "ouch...better luck next year" when Molina had 2 strikes on him with 2 outs in the 9th of the Nats game. His phone then "lost power" for the next 24 hours. bahahhahahahha

One of my Cub friends texted me "ouch...better luck next year" when Molina had 2 strikes on him with 2 outs in the 9th of the Nats game. His phone then "lost power" for the next 24 hours. bahahhahahahha

Unfortunately you can never count the cardinals out of it, just ask the braves. Either way I have learned to not talk smack, but just be happy when they lose.

Back to the cubs. They have to replace Brenly in the booth. I would vote for Sutcliffe first and then Doug Glanville of the people I have heard talked about the most. Both love Chicago and the cubs and I think they would both do a great job.

Back to the cubs. They have to replace Brenly in the booth. I would vote for Sutcliffe first and then Doug Glanville of the people I have heard talked about the most. Both love Chicago and the cubs and I think they would both do a great job.
I thought Grace maybe a good fit, i believe he doesn't have a job currently correct?

Baseball Prospectus released their top 10 Cubs prospects. Some surprises here:

The Top Ten
1. OF Albert Almora
2. SS Javier Baez
3. OF Jorge Soler
4. RHP Arodys Vizcaino
5. 1B Dan Vogelbach
6. OF Brett Jackson
7. RHP Pierce Johnson
8. RHP Duane Underwood
9. 3B Christian Villanueva
10. RHP Dillon Maples

Most consider Baez to be the Cubs top prospect but this writer has Almora ranked #1.

Baseball Prospectus | Prospects Will Break Your Heart: Chicago Cubs Top 10 Prospects

The Cubs finally have a top 10 farm system and there are legit prospects to be excited about. The downside is they may be a couple of years before you see them at the MLB level.

Free agent rumors are running rampant, one rumor I want to hear more of is the Cubs signing Chavez for temporary 3rd base help. Believe it or not but he played 113 games for the Yankees last year, mostly at 3rd base, and he still kills right handed pitching. I think he would make an awesome mentor and platoon player for Vitters. He only made 900K last year so I do not think they would have to break the bank to get him.

Tons of rumors floating around about the Cubs talking to free agent pitchers, even Dempster got a call from the FO. I doubt Dempster would happen but you never know. The Cubs are also talking to a number of teams about possible trades some involving Marmol and even rumors going around the Cubs would trade Junior Lake. Lake is a prospect with all the tools but evidently they have had issues with him. I would be shocked if Marmol starts the season with the Cubs. Cubs are looking for more of the Maholm type players they can buy low on and hopefully sell high.

Should be an interesting off season.

I'm liking the McCarthy and Marcum rumors. I don't hate that. Buy low sell high. Maybe Villanueva. I would like to see a trade for SP or a 3B, but there aren't very many prospects I would be ok to give up to get anyone just yet.

If the cubs could get a 3B like Headley and give up prospects like Lake and Jackson or put Barney in the deal perhaps.

I don't see Marmol being with cubs when the season opens, perhaps Garza too if he gets healthy in ST. I'd be ok with that if we could get some young arms back.

I hope the cubs don't force any trades or waste money on SP yet. EVentually David Price will be a FA and King Felix etc. Or maybe you trade for these guys in a year or two, but not right now. Still need to build the farm system.

If the cubs could get a 3B like Headley and give up prospects like Lake and Jackson or put Barney in the deal perhaps.

I would make that trade in a heart beat, but I think any deal the Cubs make for Headley would have to involve Baez.

I would make that trade in a heart beat, but I think any deal the Cubs make for Headley would have to involve Baez.

If true, no deal will happen. I don't see the cubs dealing Soler, Almora, or Baez. Anyone else I think would be traded at will.

Latest posts