***OFFICIAL CUBS OFF-SEASON THREAD***

Is Dempster still likely to re-sign with the Cubs? Are the Cubs still interested in Dempster?
I have heard they have talked but I doubt it ends up that way. I just don't see Dempster signing again knowing he could get flipped mid season. he would probably want a partial no-trade clause, which isn't happening with this front office.

This should be fun.

Cubs hire Rob Deer as assistant hitting coach - Inside the Cubs

41bbAcytoiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm interested to see how the winter meetings go. I think the cubs will get 1 more SP and an OF. Not sure of which caliber or if either are FA signings or trades.

I don't see Marmol being a cub next year, but you never know.

Hearing interest from the cubs is picking up for Mike Stanton (yes I know he wants to be called his real name but I forgot it). Let us hope this is actually true.

Hearing interest from the cubs is picking up for Mike Stanton (yes I know he wants to be called his real name but I forgot it). Let us hope this is actually true.

As much as I would like that, I think it is counterinuitive to what the cubs FO is trying to do. Stanton would cost the cubs a bunch of top prospects, probably all teh good ones and maybe even Castro + a few prospects (the Baez, Almora type). I think he would be great, but he costs cheap long control players and that's what the cubs are trying to acquire while ridding themselves of the big contracts. I wish, but I give it about a 0.01% chance.

As much as I would like that, I think it is counterinuitive to what the cubs FO is trying to do. Stanton would cost the cubs a bunch of top prospects, probably all teh good ones and maybe even Castro + a few prospects (the Baez, Almora type). I think he would be great, but he costs cheap long control players and that's what the cubs are trying to acquire while ridding themselves of the big contracts. I wish, but I give it about a 0.01% chance.
I agree while I don't really want to get rid of Castro, should the front office do it for a player like a Stanton who is already proven although some injury problems, I would hope they would do it in a heart beat. Seeing as we have some depth coming up in the middle of the infield (Baez) that could be a formidable replacement soon.

I agree while I don't really want to get rid of Castro, should the front office do it for a player like a Stanton who is already proven although some injury problems, I would hope they would do it in a heart beat. Seeing as we have some depth coming up in the middle of the infield (Baez) that could be a formidable replacement soon.

I am nervous getting rid of Castro simply because we don't know what kind of player Baez is going to be exactly. I would not mind trading Baez for Stanton, but it is going to take several more pieces. I don't even think that a Castro for Stanton deal would be enough for the Marlins. I personally have been a bit down on Castro before, so if the cubs decide to trade him for Stanton I would not be that upset, but I think it is easier to come by outfielders than short stops.

Also, if you look at the prospects in the system as possible future replacements (though my Baez argument is still valid here), Almora and Soler look like they are going to be pretty good ones as well.

I am nervous getting rid of Castro simply because we don't know what kind of player Baez is going to be exactly. I would not mind trading Baez for Stanton, but it is going to take several more pieces. I don't even think that a Castro for Stanton deal would be enough for the Marlins. I personally have been a bit down on Castro before, so if the cubs decide to trade him for Stanton I would not be that upset, but I think it is easier to come by outfielders than short stops.

Also, if you look at the prospects in the system as possible future replacements (though my Baez argument is still valid here), Almora and Soler look like they are going to be pretty good ones as well.
Let us not forget Junior Lake as a bit of a "sleeper" as well.