!*****Official Birds @ Trains Game Thread*****!

You amended to finishing better than 4 or 5 teams only because I called you out on your original statement that we are only better than 3 B1G teams. You didn't want to take my bet, so you all of a sudden claimed you think Iowa finishes better than 4 or 5 teams.

I get it, you didn't want to stand behind or even think your original statement is true. That is why you had to change it, we all understand what you did. I think you are the only one who doesn't understand this.

We're only better than 3 teams right now. I never said we would finish 11th or worse, I said we would finish between 9th and 11th. We were the best team in the Big Ten at one point last year, I never predicted us to finish #1. I really don't understand how you're the only one not following what I said here. I never once predicted us to finish 11th or worse because I don't think we will so why I would I bet it? Makes no sense

Agree, but a few more that have bigger presence inside.

There is a difference between having big guys and having big guys that are really good. Only 3 teams have big guys who are really good. The crazy thing is, we had a game plan that shut both of them down in the first half. They both had 2 points. Problem is, they shot the lights out.

One last thing to remember. Haas and Swannigan pretty much make everyone look bad. Teams have to focus so much on slowing them down that they give up open shots. That's why they lead the conference in 3 pt shooting.

There is a difference between having big guys and having big guys that are really good. Only 3 teams have big guys who are really good. The crazy thing is, we had a game plan that shut both of them down in the first half. They both had 2 points. Problem is, they shot the lights out.

One last thing to remember. Haas and Swannigan pretty much make everyone look bad. Teams have to focus so much on slowing them down that they give up open shots. That's why they lead the conference in 3 pt shooting.

Purdue, Michigan State, Indiana and Wisconsin come to mind with teams that have a big guy that can really hurt us. Am I missing anyone else?

Purdue, Michigan State, Indiana and Wisconsin come to mind with teams that have a big guy that can really hurt us. Am I missing anyone else?

Maybe. But there is a difference between having one good big guy who is surrounded by an average team, and being able to do what Purdue did.

Maybe. But there is a difference between having one good big guy who is surrounded by an average team, and being able to do what Purdue did.

Agreed, Purdue is special in having two of them but Michigan State, Indiana and Wisconsin have better perimeter pieces. Even Thompson from Ohio State could really give us problems

Agreed, Purdue is special in having two of them but Michigan State, Indiana and Wisconsin have better perimeter pieces. Even Thompson from Ohio State could really give us problems

Purdue is leading the conference in 3 pt shooting. Those other team might have bigger names on the backs of their jerseys, but Purdue has exactly who they need to be really good.

Give Purdue credit. They just played ball and didn't show mercy. I guess Frans strategy was to play a lot of zone to sag down on the big guys and hope their shooters miss open looks. Which they didn't..
Our guys looked unprepared and their heads weren't in it. They were rattled after the first 2 or 3 mins of play and never recovered. Iowa's guards not only weren't defending very well but they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Most of Joks points were in the 2nd half which was all garbage time pretty much. There was never a momentum shift that made you think Iowa could go on a run.... Purdue is good though I give them their due they don't have to apologize for having a couple big guys that can dominate the paint and unselfish guards that pass till they get a good look. If Purdue's shooters and guards would have played like this last year they'd have been as tough to deal with then as they are now. They'll go on to have a good year. We don't match up with them at all.
Hope these guys remember what getting beat down feels like and put a chip on their shoulder so that we can eliminate the embarrassing plays. Jok turning it over so lackadaisical. Missing layups and dunks. Just mistakes you'd expect from highschool freshman playing varsity for the first time type of mistakes. I don't mind missing jumpers. I don't mind the aggressive turnover or foul here and there. But there were a lot of terrible plays made by our guys that Fran will be pulling his hair out over if he takes the time to watch that tape. For his sake I hope he just burns it

Latest posts