Official Beathard Bandwagon

Hawkfuzz

Good season by the Hawkeyes, don't hate Rudock, but if Beathard starts that game we win. Runs better and has stronger arm.

Happy New Year

GOHAWKS

Beathard had strong game in his time in there. Rudock played overall poor. This competition needs to go wide open again in the spring.

Play calling was poor. Stretch Weisman WAY too many times against fast edge players of LSU.

Pretty sure we wasted the year on JR. He just isn't athletic enough. Weak arm, slow release and not a run threat. Where is the upside?

CJ may not be the guy either because he hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities and hasn't shown good football smarts. That said, a season of live action under him, who knows? I know that it ain't JR for sure.

The knee injury hampered JR prior to leaving the game. Granted he was going up against a fast D, but he was not moving around and scrambling as well as he did during the season.

CJ moves well and has a good arm. Hopefully he hits the playbook hard and we'll see who's better next fall. But flat out ability, I agree CJ has brings more to the table.

JR looked like JVB in the pocket today and he normally has good pocket presence. He also can't throw deep. He had a guy wide open on the pick and I believe CJ can make those throws.

Pretty sure we wasted the year on JR. He just isn't athletic enough. Weak arm, slow release and not a run threat. Where is the upside?

CJ may not be the guy either because he hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities and hasn't shown good football smarts. That said, a season of live action under him, who knows? I know that it ain't JR for sure.
Can't really argue with this. Problem is, JR is the prototypical KF QB. Not flashy, makes few mistakes.

His TD pass was wonderful and I don't think Rudock would have made it. I'm not sure who'd I'd start at this point.

JR looked like JVB in the pocket today and he normally has good pocket presence. He also can't throw deep. He had a guy wide open on the pick and I believe CJ can make those throws.

Todays offense looked liked last year's and I agree, JR looked like JVB.

Ruddock gave us the best chance to win this year.

Beathard has the higher ceiling for sure.

At this point In still going with Jake but there is a definite chance that CJ can make the strides and pass him.

He looked better today than any previous games and jake is obviously injury prone so I'm sure we will need him some next year no matter what.

CJ played well. JR had a good year overall. Prolly a bit more upside with CJ. I don't know who will be the guy. If CJ gains accuracy and poise...

I'll leave it to the experts on this board.

We will never see CJ... only injury will keep JR out of the game. Thats what you get with KF

Let's see what happens with Ruddock's knee. Hopefully, he is able to come back at 100%. Also, CJ will learn from this season as well. Should be an interesting off season topic at least.

Beathard definitely has more upside, but I don't have any issue with Rudock having started this year. Beathard, at no point during the season, looked ready to start. If the competition opens up again and he takes the reins, more power to him. But I think we started the right guy this year.

Beathard definitely has more upside, but I don't have any issue with Rudock having started this year. Beathard, at no point during the season, looked ready to start. If the competition opens up again and he takes the reins, more power to him. But I think we started the right guy this year.
I agree with this, but Tork, what about Nic Shimonek(sp)? I'm interested in his ability to run this offense. Besides that, I think Davis likes him.

I agree with this, but Tork, what about Nic Shimonek(sp)? I'm interested in his ability to run this offense. Besides that, I think Davis likes him.

We'll see what he's got, I'm sure. Either way, I don't have an issue with having a new QB next year if Beathard or Shimonek step up and pass Rudock. I want the best guy on the field, and I believe that was Rudock this year. But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll always be the best option.

Latest posts