Official Beathard Bandwagon

Under no circumstances is 25% completion percentage good.

in this game he was 4/7, and was in there when they knew we had to throw. earlier in the year he was put in games in the same situation. how much better do you think he would be if he actually got quality reps with the first team? the kid can only get better IMO. feel free to disagree if you like.

I liked CJB today...but I would still go with JR to start the season...a healthy JR is great...Rudock might have the best pocket presence/savvy/sense (when healthy) as any Iowa QB since Tate...he knows where blitz comes from, when to step up...etc.

And aside from 1-2 TD throws and a few runs CJB looked NOTHING like a starting QB this year...but he does have potential.

We'll see what he's got, I'm sure. Either way, I don't have an issue with having a new QB next year if Beathard or Shimonek step up and pass Rudock. I want the best guy on the field, and I believe that was Rudock this year. But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll always be the best option.

Very well said. I am in this camp.

in this game he was 4/7, and was in there when they knew we had to throw. earlier in the year he was put in games in the same situation. how much better do you think he would be if he actually got quality reps with the first team? the kid can only get better IMO. feel free to disagree if you like.

Rudock can just as easily get better, too. I'm not opposed to Beathard on principle. But he's got to improve and outplay Rudock before I'll say he should be starting. I'm not calling to sit Rudock when, right now, there isn't an apparent better option.

As I said in another thread, I thought beathard looked more composed and better today than he has all year.

Beginning of the year I agree with Ferentz call to go with Ruddock.

Beathard has the higher ceiling and now has an off season to work on reaching that and if he does I believe he will be the starting QB for Iowa.

Rudock can just as easily get better, too. I'm not opposed to Beathard on principle. But he's got to improve and outplay Rudock before I'll say he should be starting. I'm not calling to sit Rudock when, right now, there isn't an apparent better option.

i'm not necessarily calling for JR to sit, because right now i think he's probably better than CJB. all i'm saying is that i think JR is already close to his ceiling and that JR has a lot more potential. i'd love to see him at least get some quality reps with the #1's in the offseason and see how both develop.

It wouldn't be the first time our most talented skill guy was backing up a stater ( b banks).

you could have a nice thread about errors in talent evaluations.

If Beathard got the warm up games against inferior teams, he would have done better than Jr. CJ has far greater talent than CJ, hope he gets a chance to win job, otherwise, I hope Jr's knee keeps him out for. 2 more years.
at
times, injury was the only way we get to see the better backup. ( Weismann last year ).

You are stupid... And clearly have never watched or participated in a college practice

pretty impressive name calling. you must not follow Iowa at all. it's pretty well known that Kirk (for some unknown reason) doesn't give his backup QB reps in practice. Stanzi mentioned it to Ed Podolak once and i've heard Dolph and Ed talk about it several different times.

poor troll attempt dude.

It's elementary. We've all talked about. John has talked about constantly.

JR has shown to be effective QB and game manager. Iowa will struggle against high-caliber DBs because there is no down-field threat.
Beathard is a down-field threat so the middle-field routes should become easier. Apparently he isn't the game manager.

I must have been watching a different game than some of you guys, cuz I didn't see this super QB you saw playing for the Hawks today.

I must have been watching a different game than some of you guys, cuz I didn't see this super QB you saw playing for the Hawks today.

He didn't have to be super to still make it clear he has a stronger arm and more speed. I also don't feel he's any less accurate than JR after watching both of them. We need more of a game changer at QB to make up for our lack of other offensive weapons.

Also, the touch Beathard put on his TD throw proved he can make finesse throws as well as chuck it downfield.

I like Beathard but he doesn't have the grip on the Iowa offense that Jake has nor the experience. He might have more talent and a higher ceiling, but Ruddock still gives Iowa the best chance to win.

That INT on 4th and 1 just proves it. Should have thrown it out of bounds.

I like Beathard but he doesn't have the grip on the Iowa offense that Jake has nor the experience. He might have more talent and a higher ceiling, but Ruddock still gives Iowa the best chance to win.

That INT on 4th and 1 just proves it. Should have thrown it out of bounds.

This I disagree with. It's fourth down, late in the game. And the ball was returned 7 yards (and subsequently brought back on a penalty during the return), so it's not like the pick really did any damage. He throws it away, and LSU gets the ball right where they got it anyway.

Latest posts