Official Beathard Bandwagon

The most popular guy on the team is always the backup quarterback.

Beathard moves well, throws a nice ball, but has not shown good decision-making skills at all. In no way has he proven that he'd be an upgrade over Rudock. Jake will almost certainly be the starter next year unless something dramatic happens between now and then.

I like Beathard but he doesn't have the grip on the Iowa offense that Jake has nor the experience. He might have more talent and a higher ceiling, but Ruddock still gives Iowa the best chance to win.

That INT on 4th and 1 just proves it. Should have thrown it out of bounds.

Well this just misses the entire point. There is no upside in JR. He is not athletically capable of competing at a B1G championship level and we wasted an entire year on him. Of course CJ doesn't have the same 'grip' of the offense - he hasn't played. Im not even saying that CJ is the guy, just that JR is NOT the guy.

Unfortunately - history tells us that we are stuck with JR for two more years.

Well this just misses the entire point. There is no upside in JR. He is not athletically capable of competing at a B1G championship level and we wasted an entire year on him. Of course CJ doesn't have the same 'grip' of the offense - he hasn't played. Im not even saying that CJ is the guy, just that JR is NOT the guy.

Yeah, because redshirt sophomores with average arm strength don't improve and can't become good B1G quarterbacks.

Signed,

Richard Stanzi

Pretty sure we have Sokol and a 4 star kid coming in. Beathard has no business wearing 16. Give it to the kid coming in and GTFO of his way and watch us win 11 games next year.

Yeah, because redshirt sophomores with average arm strength don't improve and can't become good B1G quarterbacks.

Signed,

Richard Stanzi

Go back to CryFan, clownfan. Stanzi had intangibles and could lay the rock into a bread basket from 40 yards away. I'm not convinced Rudock can even throw it 40 yards.

Signed,

Richard Stanzi
Your bringing a lot of 'smart' to this thread, keep it up! I'm not calling for Nic to start, but I'm interested to see him in spring practice along with the other two top QB's.

Good season by the Hawkeyes, don't hate Rudock, but if Beathard starts that game we win. Runs better and has stronger arm.

Happy New Year

GOHAWKS

You have ZERO data/facts/examples to back that up. Beathard threw that GODAWFUL INT that lead to LSUs clinching-score drive. Rudock probably wouldn't have thrown that ball, or found a different receiver...or not.

Personsally, I have no stake in who the starter is. I also don't see a problem with utilizing two QBs.

Ruddock never could have escaped the blitz in the first place. It was fourth down, so throwing it up for grabs was not a bad play. He he threw it 10 yes further it may have been good for a TD to CJF.
You have ZERO data/facts/examples to back that up. Beathard threw that GODAWFUL INT that lead to LSUs clinching-score drive. Rudock probably wouldn't have thrown that ball, or found a different receiver...or not.

Personsally, I have no stake in who the starter is. I also don't see a problem with utilizing two QBs.

It was fourth down and he had no other option to pick up a first down but to throw it up and hope CJF could come down with it; he just didn't get enough zip on it. Not a bad play at all.

Marcus Schnoor and Sam Brownlee say HAI.

Those are the prototypical KOK backs, not KF. 2004 was when we saw just how good of an OC KOK really was. He just needed all the excuses to run the ball out of the way so KF would let him do his thing.

I almost agree with all of this

SO we're all thrilled that Rudock takes the reigns from Vandy. Now we're ready to throw Rudock out and jump on the CJ bandwagon. Next man in.

I truly love this site (without sarcasm). It never ceases to amaze me what will be next.

Rudock's legs weren't the same the last couple games. Earlier in the year he showed he could pick up some yards on the ground but once his knees were hurt it really limited his mobility.

This reminds me of the JVB taking over for Stanzi when he had a good game at OSU. I want the best QB to play next year. Everyone seems to think CJB will improve and JR will stand still. He can get stronger and smarter. Prior to the knee injury he was very mobile and did a very good job with the offense in my opinion. If CJB or Shimonek or Wietjers can do better then GREAT! But until they do JR has done a really good job. Also, I really think his knee is in worse shape than we all know. He was gimpy the whole game and pretty timid. Until he got knocked out though he probably gave Iowa the best chance to win.

Latest posts