OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

Instead of eating Kellogg's Concentrate in a bowl with milk as a cereal our OC sprinkled it over other cereals, casseroles, salads, soups and even desserts. What a moron. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

Instead of eating Kellogg's Concentrate in a bowl with milk as a cereal our OC sprinkled it over other cereals, casseroles, salads, soups and even desserts. What a moron. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER
I was happy to hear others on this board also enjoy fried egg sandwiches with mustard for breakfast growing up. Here is another breakfast I would have growing up when I was in elementary/middle school, but first you get the back story. I rarely ate it because it only occurred when I was fortunate enough to get asked to stay at my great grandparents house.
My great grandparents were extremely smart and cool the more I think about it. They would invite one grandchild over to have dinner and spend the night, which was a rare occasion and made you feel important. They lived on a farm and my grandpa was that male figure that lacks in today’s world. You never stopped in front of the tv while wheel of fortune was on, and if you were lucky you’d get to light his pipe (with a match) he had just packed full of velvet tobacco while his chair after dinner and his long day of being in the fields and taking care of his cattle.
Probably one of the reasons a lot of my good memories are because of the way they treated us as kids. Made money with some blood, sweat and tears baling hay for them (square bales with hay hook). It wasn’t about the check at the end of the day… it was sitting in the grass after a long day’s work and eating the mounds of food grandma had prepared for all the guys that had been working all day (including her homemade butter noodles from scratch). Such great memories.
Anyways back to other simple breakfast I use to eat with GG Vince in the morning of the sleepover. We would have a bowl of regular corn flakes and add two spoons of grandma’s homemade strawberry jam. The best part was drinking the pink milk with my great grandpa before he left to head out to tend to the cows, crops and other work until sunset. I miss those days…

Since we're talking breakfast, I'm taking my son to Hakodate, Hokkaido on Wednesday. I just booked an AirBNB that's like 20 feet away from the ocean and we're going to the fish market the moment it opens on Thursday. Supposedly there are over 200 restaurants there that serve various fish delicacies for breakfast. It ain't Happy Chef or Perkins, but I think I will find some redeeming qualities about it.

For Friday I have bought tickets to watch the Nippon Ham Fighters take on the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks. I will not be cheering for the Hawks, FYI.

It will be a good introduction for my son to see the future. The Japanese teams have some corporate affiliation, a structure which will one day likely permeate college sports. "Dad, I can't wait to go watch the Iowa John Deere Hawkeyes versus the Illinois Caterpillar Fighting Illini."

Anyway, this will be my first ever trip ever to Hokkaido and my first time riding the Hayabusa line of shinkansen. I got us that AirBNB the first night, after that other than the baseball game we have no plans other than to be back in Hakodate by noon Sunday for the train ride back to Tokyo. Might go fishing, mountain biking, hiking, Sapporo brewery tour, I do not know. No accommodations booked yet, either. It's going to be awesome.

But what I am truly looking forward to is the fact that maybe, just maybe, getting out into the rural Japanese country side will make me forget how shitty of a hire Tim Lester was (and still is).

FIRE TIM LESTER

I was happy to hear others on this board also enjoy fried egg sandwiches with mustard for breakfast growing up. Here is another breakfast I would have growing up when I was in elementary/middle school, but first you get the back story. I rarely ate it because it only occurred when I was fortunate enough to get asked to stay at my great grandparents house.
My great grandparents were extremely smart and cool the more I think about it. They would invite one grandchild over to have dinner and spend the night, which was a rare occasion and made you feel important. They lived on a farm and my grandpa was that male figure that lacks in today’s world. You never stopped in front of the tv while wheel of fortune was on, and if you were lucky you’d get to light his pipe (with a match) he had just packed full of velvet tobacco while his chair after dinner and his long day of being in the fields and taking care of his cattle.
Probably one of the reasons a lot of my good memories are because of the way they treated us as kids. Made money with some blood, sweat and tears baling hay for them (square bales with hay hook). It wasn’t about the check at the end of the day… it was sitting in the grass after a long day’s work and eating the mounds of food grandma had prepared for all the guys that had been working all day (including her homemade butter noodles from scratch). Such great memories.
Anyways back to other simple breakfast I use to eat with GG Vince in the morning of the sleepover. We would have a bowl of regular corn flakes and add two spoons of grandma’s homemade strawberry jam. The best part was drinking the pink milk with my great grandpa before he left to head out to tend to the cows, crops and other work until sunset. I miss those days…
Used to eat hard boiled eggs at Grandma's house a lot too for breakfast. She would put it in this gold plated egg cup and since I was real little got to sit at the table in an old timey counter chair / step stool. Man simple times in life that have lasting memory. Grandma was the one that always had Kellogg's Concentrate in the cupboard as well as other good stuff like Underwood Deviled Ham, Barnum's Animal crackers, Cracker Jacks, Chicken in a Biskit crackers, Goldfish crackers, Tastykakes and Birch Beer. Damn that was a long time ago but seems like yesterday....