Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Damn! Stepped away to put the kid to bed and come back and the game is tied. Man...I get sucked in so bad

Looked old, tired, and beaten. Wore out might be a better term.

Would have had little left for the Brewers. Because they could only score on run they had to burn two extra starters.

Only consolation is they get a full off-season for a change. Core of young players now entering prime, getting close to getting the big bucks. That should be a motivating factor going forward.

I don't feel hurt, if anything relieved. It was a difficult watch this year as a fan.

IMO 95 wins out of this team was a great job by Maddon and crew. Last night still stung though don't get me wrong. No Yu, no Morrow, no Bryant much of year, Russell a bum, no strop when we needed him, Chatwood bombed, 42 of 43 days of games and travel... along with an offense that only the Orioles had more games with 1 or less runs in a tough division. Not sure how we won 95. We'll need to make some changes. Bottom line is only Riz, Baez and maybe Zobrist had good years. Everyone else I would say underperformed in the lineup for the most part. No one other than Baez with a career year.

IMO 95 wins out of this team was a great job by Maddon and crew. Last night still stung though don't get me wrong. No Yu, no Morrow, no Bryant much of year, Russell a bum, no strop when we needed him, Chatwood bombed, 42 of 43 days of games and travel... along with an offense that only the Orioles had more games with 1 or less runs in a tough division. Not sure how we won 95. We'll need to make some changes. Bottom line is only Riz, Baez and maybe Zobrist had good years. Everyone else I would say underperformed in the lineup for the most part. No one other than Baez with a career year.
I'll be interested to see what they decide to do as big free agents from other teams hit the market and when the Cubs' big-timers' contracts run out. Who stays, who goes, who do they bring in?

I'll be interested to see what they decide to do as big free agents from other teams hit the market and when the Cubs' big-timers' contracts run out. Who stays, who goes, who do they bring in?

Not sure how much they'll have to spend this offseason. But bottom line is what the front office did this past offseason set us back because the YU and Chatwood deals bombed and we new Morrow was overused by the Dodgers. The pressure is on them to make productive signings this year. We need a much better offseason. Problem right now is, to trade any of our guys after they all had less than stellar years we just won't get much in return for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a run at Harper. I'm not a huge fan of his myself but he would be an upgrade. At this point you can't rely no Yu or Chatwood so almost have to keep Hamels around. Russell is most likely gone, we'll need another athletic middle infielder to go with Javy. I would like to make Bryant a primarily Outfielder too. Will be an interesting offseason for sure.

Russell with a 40 game suspension. Hope he never returns. What in the world do you do with Chatwood? Schwarber?

I guess the good news is that the vast majority of the team underperformed this season. If they return to norm, or actually improve, they should improve on their 95 wins. Gotta figure out the pitching though.

Latest posts