Offer Extended to Christian French (2011)

Nice...I've seen this kid play a bunch. As a soph last year, he started on the varsity as a FS, but played too high (one memorable collision between he and Andre Dawson ended up with French looking up at the stars after taking a Dawson helmet right to the sternum). But he's athletic as all hell, and watching him run in the open field is like watching a gazelle...real fast with long strides. Kennedy used him quite a bit more this year on offense on jet sweeps, and I'd expect to see a ton of him next year because they lose a lot from their offense.

I go to all Kennedy football and basketball games. Watched French a bunch. He is a big kid, and is surprisly fast. At first, it was thought that baskeball would be his ticket, but now football is risen up and gotten him two offers. I could maybe see him at a TE, but he is going to need to add some bulk to his body, same if they play to play him at DE.

As said above, he needs to work on his tackling technique and not come in too high. Also needs to work on wrapping up the ball carrier and just not trying to knock a guy off his feet.

The word is that he is planning to go out for track this year to work on his speed.

The word is that he is planning to go out for track this year to work on his speed.

Take this for what it's worth (and I say that because I'm extremely skeptical of HS 40 times), but supposedly he clocks in at 4.40 or below in the 40.

The kid is so damn athletic...why not let him play WR?

He looks very fast on the football field as he takes very long strides. I have no idea what his 40 time is, but he has nice speed. WR might be a better fit for his body, right now. But Coach Doyle can do some amazing things for putting weight on a body.

I wonder where that article got it's sources...I'm pretty sure he played more offense than 4 carries this past year.

He played a bit on offense, but I don't know how many carries that he got. As for him playing TE, like I said above, he will need to work on his hands.

Last edited:
He's actually 6'6 218 per his rivals profile. So he could end up at TE or WR. Not sure about the 4.4 speed, he's probably more around 4.6 in my opinion. But hey, he's plenty fast to be a WR or TE.

I use to know his dad pretty well, really nice family. SP, you know if he's a Hawkeye fan or not?

I would definitely like to see the young man end up a Hawkeye. Hopefully the student body at Kennedy is nicely pressuring him to end up a Hawkeye!

6'6, 218 could easily round out to a 250 lb DE in college. He would have nice speed off of the edge if he worked on his first step.

I would definitely like to see the young man end up a Hawkeye. Hopefully the student body at Kennedy is nicely pressuring him to end up a Hawkeye!

Has a Kennedy player played for Ferentz? I know Blankenship, Lamaak and others went to ISU. Is it just coincidence or is there a large ISU fan base at Kennedy?

Has a Kennedy player played for Ferentz? I know Blankenship, Lamaak and others went to ISU. Is it just coincidence or is there a large ISU fan base at Kennedy?

Mike Morio (LB from Kennedy), went to Iowa as a pre-ferred walkon four or five years ago. Actually, Lamaak's family were very big Iowa fans, but Ben did not get an offer from Iowa and ISU came a-calling. Not really a large ISU fan base at Kennedy, although Kyle Knock is one of the assistant coaches. He played at ISU and his Dad was a coach in some capacity with the Cyclones during the McCarney era.

Christian French scored 20 pts in Kennedy's win over CR Jeff this weekend. Perhaps developing into an Gates like TE, from SD chargers?

Christian French scored 20 pts in Kennedy's win over CR Jeff this weekend. Perhaps developing into an Gates like TE, from SD chargers?

Until last fall, French's ticket to college was thought to be basketball. The Kennedy football staff talked him to going out for football his sophomore year. He ended up starting at safety as a sophomore. He has nice size and is athletic. Will be interesting to see how he grows on the football field next year.

Take this for what it's worth (and I say that because I'm extremely skeptical of HS 40 times), but supposedly he clocks in at 4.40 or below in the 40.

I was in Kennedy on Sunday. On their record board, they have changed their fastest 40 time. They list French as running a 4.37 second 40.

A forty time of 4.37 at his size is remarkable...hope he can catch the ball...guy like that could be the next Plaxico Burress.

A forty time of 4.37 at his size is remarkable...hope he can catch the ball...guy like that could be the next Plaxico Burress.

uh... there's no way. high school 40 times are ridiculous. stack that up against last year's 40 times from the nfl combines and he ranks #4 regardless of position... that's .04 faster than percy harvin, for god's sake:

2009 NFL Scouting Combine 40 Times | 40-yard Results | Workout Results | B Wells

i'm sure the kid is quick, but any time you see a high school 40 time you should add .25 at the very least... probably more like .35.

uh... there's no way. high school 40 times are ridiculous. stack that up against last year's 40 times from the nfl combines and he ranks #4 regardless of position... that's .04 faster than percy harvin, for god's sake:

2009 NFL Scouting Combine 40 Times | 40-yard Results | Workout Results | B Wells

i'm sure the kid is quick, but any time you see a high school 40 time you should add .25 at the very least... probably more like .35.

I know what you mean, I'm sure a lot of people remember when they had Wegher's forty listed as 4.28

Latest posts