Offer Extended to Christian French (2011)

i'm sure the kid is quick, but any time you see a high school 40 time you should add .25 at the very least... probably more like .35.

Granted, I was not there the day that they ran their 40's for football, that is just the number that they have posted outside the Kennedy weight room. We may get an opportunity to see how fast French is, as work around Kennedy is that he plans to go out for track for the first time.

Christian ran in the 100 meters last night. Ran a 10.7. Beat at least one kid that placed in the 100 last year.

He just ran a 10.7 100m in a track meet. That's really fast for a guy his size.

This is the first year that he has gone out for track. He is getting the chance to show his speed. And to think, until his sophomore year, his main focus was on basketball, if not for the Kennedy coaching staff talking him into it, he would not be out for football.

I played around with the math, although, i know the math is skewed because I understand that he really accelerated during the last half of the race. But a 10.7 100 meters, would equate to a 4.28 40 meters.....but again, the differences in the acceleration could cause that 40 time to be too low.

He's going to be a big time recruit. N Dame has offered and USC is starting to show interest.

I think we are going to have a hard time getting this kid signed and to Iowa City. He is a rare talent and hopefully he signs with Iowa but I dont really think that will happen......

I think we are going to have a hard time getting this kid signed and to Iowa City. He is a rare talent and hopefully he signs with Iowa but I dont really think that will happen......

Exactly...why would he want to sign with a team close enough for his family to drive to every home game and still sleep in their own bed at night, that just won a BCS game and has one of the best coaches in the nation...:p

Sorry brewhawk, I said it like a smartass, but I also believe Iowa has ALOT more to offer now days than it used to.

I would say that Iowa has as good of chance as any school. As '89 said above, he really does not have a school that he follows. I have never seen him wearing any college colors.

He has good size and is showing that has the speed to go with it. Last year, he played a lot of free safety. To stay there at the next level, he will need to work on his tackling skils. Did a lot of should tackles and did not wrap up much. To put him on the offensive side of the ball, especially at a wide out, they will need to work on his hands. You would think that for a basketball player that he would have softer hands than what he has shown on the football field.

The kid is a tremendous talent, especially considering that his sophomore year, was the first time that he went out for football in high school....and he started varsity.

Latest posts