Who is our Tom Matte

longtimer

For you younger posters he was an emergency QB replacing Johnny Unitas Baltimore Colts 1965. He played RB and wasnt very good but I think played QB in college. He wore the plays on his wrist. Needless to say he was no Johnny Unitas
It could happen to Iowa this year. I really doubt Cade lasts 3 games if he even survives fall camp. It just seems like we have no good options after him. Last year i could see Cooper coming in and doing a great job. This year if we need to recruit someone from another position who?

Remember the COVID year when the Broncos entire QB room was infected and the NFL made them play the game and they used a WR at QB? If I remember right, the Broncos did not follow protocols and so the NFL gave them no dispensation. That was brutal to watch.

Lester mentioned that Washington (our RB who is also playing slot WR) can really spin it. I'll vote for him, or perhaps stealing from D with Preston Ries.

Remember the COVID year when the Broncos entire QB room was infected and the NFL made them play the game and they used a WR at QB? If I remember right, the Broncos did not follow protocols and so the NFL gave them no dispensation. That was brutal to watch.
Lol. I kind of remember that. Who was the WR and how bad did they lose?

At the end of the 2015 season, Baylor was missing most of their QB room for their bowl game. They had five different players take snaps during the game (I think only one of them was actually on their roster as a QB), and they rolled up 645 yards rushing and 756 yards total in a shootout victory (49 - 38).

I think Iowa should have gone this route after the Minnesota loss last year, with a bye week to allow the transition. There is no way it could have been worse than the offense we were trotting out.

At the end of the 2015 season, Baylor was missing most of their QB room for their bowl game. They had five different players take snaps during the game (I think only one of them was actually on their roster as a QB), and they rolled up 645 yards rushing and 756 yards total in a shootout victory (49 - 38).

I think Iowa should have gone this route after the Minnesota loss last year, with a bye week to allow the transition. There is no way it could have been worse than the offense we were trotting out.
The notion that BF was creative enough to come up with a wildcat or option offense on the fly, or that his old man would let him do it, are both laughable. We just needed to start punting on 2nd down if we did not get at least 6 on first.....

Not from another position but has Poholsky been offered out of the portal yet? We've seen people enter the portal and return to their school. Wonder if he might have been advised to enter the portal, in case Iowa was able to sign another QB? If we don't find another portal qb, maybe Poholsky returns...

Good for the NFL for trusting the science. Given the breach of protocols, I'm actually surprised we didn't hear of a daisy chain of over 1,000 deaths.

“John Elway, Denver’s president of football operations, made several frustrated pleas to Goodell to postpone the Sunday game until Tuesday, when the quarterbacks would be available. The league denied those requests because surveillance video from Denver’s facility showed the quarterbacks had tried to fool the system. They had removed their contact-tracing devices and put them in the four corners of the meeting room, then they sat together to watch film. That close contact automatically made them ineligible to play.”

People who refused to adhere to the heavily scientifically grounded 6 foot rules and the mask rules participated in a genocide. I'm just glad that our society has progressed to the point where technology can ensure compliance with all diktats and I really can't wait until the next widescale event where government and big business team up to keep us safe.

Good for the NFL for trusting the science. Given the breach of protocols, I'm actually surprised we didn't hear of a daisy chain of over 1,000 deaths.

People who refused to adhere to the heavily scientifically grounded 6 foot rules and the mask rules participated in a genocide. I'm just glad that our society has progressed to the point where technology can ensure compliance with all diktats and I really can't wait until the next widescale event where government and big business team up to keep us safe.
I sense some sarcasm in your post.

His one completion was to Noah Fant I do remember that.

Can't get past the trauma I see.
Lester mentioned that Washington (our RB who is also playing slot WR) can really spin it. I'll vote for him, or perhaps stealing from D with Preston Ries.
We have to be smart and plan for this if needed. Make the best of the season that you have. Do not repeat last year's offensive debacle. I will vomit.

Latest posts