Off week and Da Haters are out in Force

deanvogs

I see that Da Haters have taken the off week opportunity to run rampant across all threads this off week. I mean I know you are upset that Iowa beat ISU and are off to a 3-0 start, but man get a grip. I'm wondering if the win over ISU hit Da Haters or Da Clown fans harder......hmmmmm, maybe they are actually one in the same.

Maybe Clown fan wannabe's??

I thought we would win by a bit more margin as did others but I'm pleased that the Hawks played a tough game against a nearly always tough opponent, played definitely not their best but won anyway.

The fact that our secondary was all new and learning really helped make this close, but the training will pay dividends later.

Any successful season there are some wins like this, and even some losses alot like this win. I do know we will learn from it and improve, and we will get some key guys back in the lineup soon.

So far, all is perfect, aka 3-0!

Maybe Clown fan wannabe's??

I thought we would win by a bit more margin as did others but I'm pleased that the Hawks played a tough game against a nearly always tough opponent, played definitely not their best but won anyway.

The fact that our secondary was all new and learning really helped make this close, but the training will pay dividends later.

Any successful season there are some wins like this, and even some losses alot like this win. I do know we will learn from it and improve, and we will get some key guys back in the lineup soon.

So far, all is perfect, aka 3-0!

I think every single last circumstance of the game favored the Clones. From Gameday being there, to the fans having all day to drink and get primed up for the game, to the weather delay (spending 6 hours in a visiting locker room is much tougher than a home locker room). Also add in the fact Iowa was down to it's 4th string CB and it's walk on safety. The fact Iowa overcame all that is impressive. They play that game on a neutral field and Iowa has all it's starters back and they win by 10 or more.

I think you need to begin at the basics of what the words hate, critical thinking, and analysis mean. Dude you are either the biggest hater on this board or the biggest troll. Maybe both.

Haters not only hate Ferentz, they are downright insulted by him.

They feel like he is giving them the middle finger when he messes up. That he doesn't care enough about them.

His contract obviously pisses off some people as well. It is constantly brought up.

Aloofness about certain things is quickly ratcheted up to smugness and arrogance in the eyes of da haters. And evidently it only exists here, nowhere else.

Sorry haters, he is only trying to win football games. And he doesn't care what you think about how he tries to win them.

You will get your wish someday. And you will wish he was still here.

I can see the scene at the football complex.

Coach: "Hey player X, let's work on cleaning up some of our mistakes from last week".
Player: "Haters gonna hate!!!, Haters gonna hate!"

JFC what a tired cliche'

oldhawkwhatever# is so obviously not a hawk fan, but I think there are still some on here being critical with good intentions that are Iowa fans. I think there just is a fatigue with our coach and winning football games. Just like losing gets old for some fans, winning probably does to. I am all for being critical. Our AD's press release this week - gaf, what an idiot and Pollard burned him for it. It's hard to admit and that doesn't make like Pollard AT ALL, but Gary put out a vague presser and the smarter and more PR savvy guy dunked on him. I also get the clock management complaints. It's a concern. It could bite us. But it might not either. The chances are equal. So, my issue with that is....who gives a F, they won. When they lose and it's due to clock management, then I'll be upset. I can't be upset about something that didn't happen. But if you have Ferentz fatigue it really doesn't matter if they win or lose, cause in their eyes, every thing is a loss. IMO, that's the biggest loser mentality out there. Thinking you lost when you really won. Winning football games isn't easy, otherwise everyone would do it. Iowa football wins. It's nice. I am lucky as a fan that the football team I love wins. I enjoy it.

Last edited:

Latest posts