Off week and Da Haters are out in Force

It's a bad look for Fran, though.

How many times do you watch them and say "wtf was that?", "what do they practice?", "they're poorly coached", etc? Especially on defense.

And then Fran goes off on a ref like 1 or 2 calls was the only problem?

Not that he's always wrong about the refs, but focus on what you can control!

It's not a good look I agree.

Dean, you are the world's best troll. Damn you are good

Speaking of Good....., Norman Vincent Peale....I thought you died!?

I don't think anyone sees those guys as being part of Da Haters pack. Being Da Hater isn't about criticizing the coaches or players.
They haven’t disagreed with your conclusion that they are disagreeable by nature yet.

Things that make ya go, “Hmmmmm”

You and Dean....quite a pair. ;)

fry is contrarian. TK just tried to be funny cept when he acts like you...;)

Me? You just like to kick puppies.

I see that Da Haters have taken the off week opportunity to run rampant across all threads this off week. I mean I know you are upset that Iowa beat ISU and are off to a 3-0 start, but man get a grip. I'm wondering if the win over ISU hit Da Haters or Da Clown fans harder......hmmmmm, maybe they are actually one in the same.

Please dont confuse football fans who love their team and love to watch football but who critique their coaches for bad decisions, certain play calls, or poor clock management as being Haters.

I think KF has done pretty well since the 2012 problems. A strong 2013, decent 2014 with two losses to ISU and Nebby that probably should have made that team look better, and then the qb change and a wonderful 2015 season. 2016 and on has been pretty good but seen some tough losses they maybe shouldnt have had but also some great wins.

That still doesnt mean I cant call out KF and any other coaches who dont know when to start a game with a 35 mph wind at your back and put your defense on the field first, or when they totally blow up the time management, or dont go for two points in order to get the deficit down to 8 points with 1:30 seconds left in the game. You know the kind of stuff even youth football coaches know how to do.

Last edited:
Please dont confuse football fans who love their team and love to watch football but who critique their coaches for bad decisions, certain play calls, or poor clock management as be Haters.

I think KF has done pretty well since the 2012 problems. A strong 2013, decent 2014 with two losses to ISU and Nebby that probably should have made that team look better, and then the qb change and a wonderful 2015 season. 2016 and on has been pretty good but seen some tough losses they maybe shouldnt have had but also some great wins.

That still doesnt mean I cant call out KF and any other coaches who dont know when to start a game with a 35 mph wind at your back and put your defense on the field first, or when they totally blow up the time management, or dont go for two points in order to get the deficit down to 8 points with 1:30 seconds left in the game. You know the kind of stuff even youth football coaches know how to do.

Couldnt agree more, should have read further into the thread before posting.

I've never been shy about criticizing coaches myself. I was calling for KF head after the 2014 season. I was constantly criticizing GDGD. I am not a fan at all of Fran. What I don't do though is let those criticisms cloud everything. I am glad I was wrong about KF. I am glad that Greg Davis managed to have one good year at Iowa (2015). I was happy that Fran made the NCAA this year, it was great!.

Dean, you are the world's best troll. Damn you are good

Speaking of Good....., Norman Vincent Peale....I thought you died!?

giphy.gif

Sorry, I was typing my Fran thing and I'm slow!

Continue...
We need to recruit more speed on this site.

And, not at you, but we also need to recruit an upgrade of posters that have more diverse talent and more ingenuity from the same ol’ boring Da Hater playbook.

And that can take a pushback better than their own Brian Ferentz is thin-skinned complaint.

Please dont confuse football fans who love their team and love to watch football but who critique their coaches for bad decisions, certain play calls, or poor clock management as be Haters.

Absolutely right. I’m not happy with clock management in back-to-back games which means they didn’t learn from it — even though we won — because one game was Rutgers and the other we were “lucky”

Then do we rely on being “lucky” against Michigan and Wisconsin?

BUUUUUT, I bet when you were critical of these things you didn’t mention:

Salary
only cares about winning 7 games
Gum
Note pad
Unemotional
Boring 50s football
Rhabdo

Tksirius just likes to push peoples' buttons. Kinda like Fryowa but way more subtle.
I know this is the internet and nobody knows each other, but I always think of @tksirius and @Fryowa are like stepbrothers... You know sometimes they put their sack on the others drum set, but sometimes they become best friends and build bunk beds so they have room for activities!

Absolutely right. I’m not happy with clock management in back-to-back games which means they didn’t learn from it — even though we won — because one game was Rutgers and the other we were “lucky”

Then do we rely on being “lucky” against Michigan and Wisconsin?

BUUUUUT, I bet when you were critical of these things you didn’t mention:

Salary
only cares about winning 7 games
Gum
Note pad
Unemotional
Boring 50s football
Rhabdo

I come from and older person's view and not sure your age but:

I thought KF was overpaid with the 2009 raise but not so much anymore plus I know from back in those times that he isnt paid with tax dollars.

I think KF wants to win more but he just cant because he has his system.

dont care about gum or note pad.

I have seen him cry on the sidelines with a big win and almost cry and I am glad he isnt a flaming nut job coach like Paul Rhoades jumping around and going to his knees

I would say he is more like late 1960's 1970's prostyle and when it works it looks great with big runs and big passes.

Rhabdo was bad and mishandled afterwards

I agree that winning with the back end of the defense being that far down the depth chart says something.
In any year......ever, have you seen the 2nd 3rd or 4th string get any meaningful or any serious amount of snaps? How about playing a true freshman rb?
It was great for depth, because if you see those things from any team it's not against a p5 team.
On the other hand, we weren't down much on offense and maybe could have scored more.
But it was tough to get into any sort of rhythm. So I would be much more concerned about that if it had been perfect weather.

I know this is the internet and nobody knows each other, but I always think of @tksirius and @Fryowa are like stepbrothers... You know sometimes they put their sack on the others drum set, but sometimes they become best friends and build bunk beds so they have room for activities!
I think about fifty of us should get in a room together incognito and try to guess everyone else's identity. It would be like playing Indian Poker.

Latest posts