off topic: random crap

So you're one of those people that always goes to a public store to take a dump, that habit is very frustrating to us custodial engineers.

Perhaps a semi-colon would have been useful there. The poops weren’t at Costco. I don’t generally like pooping in a public place.

Cg7OIlWU0AA-sN6.jpg

Wish i had seen this saturday, would have said i'm announcing at a girls hs basketball game, took my daughter, she helped me, it was awesome. Today gotta write a test for tomorrow. Pre-calculus. Anybody want to write it for me?

So my mom still lives in The U (Urbandale). Last summer, she got some letter from the city about her sidewalk having a square that was a half inch below the adjoining square or something similar, so it was deemed a safety issue and she had to pay some guys to dig it out and pour a new square. Whilst the cement was drying, some young prankster drew a penis (complete with testicles) that was roughly the size of the newly poured square and he wrote the phrase "MY DICK" next to it. The concrete guy came back and tried his best to fix it, and while he managed to get the text covered up, he couldn't get the massive penis out of the sidewalk. The city has come back and declared the sidewalk in need of remediation and says that my mother failed to comply with the notice letter, hence they will use some city selected contractor to pour her and other scofflaws new portions of sidewalk, at the expense of the homeowners, of course.

The Urbandale sidewalk statute reads:

It is the responsibility of the abutting property owner to repair, replace or reconstruct, or cause to be repaired, replaced or reconstructed, any damaged, defective or broken sidewalks and to maintain in a safe and hazard-free condition all sidewalks outside the lot and property lines and inside the curb lines or traveled portion of the public street. If a sidewalk is deemed by the city to be unsafe and posing a public hazard, the city shall provide written notification to the abutting property owner that repair or efforts to repair the damage or condition to the sidewalk must be completed within 60 days of the date of notification. Failure or refusal by the abutting property owner, upon due notification by the city, to take corrective action will be cause for civil action.
(emphasis mine)

I have not personally seen the sidewalk, but I have pictures of it (on my other phone and I can post them on request) and the penis does not appear to me to be unsafe or a public hazard, and I have been informed that at its deepest spot, it is only 1/8th of an inch deep.

The poorly drafted statute seems to me to only allow the City to remediate sidewalks that are unsafe and posing a public hazard. Furthermore, I believe the city is in violation of the notice provision because my mother did fix the sidewalk and if it is in violation, she should have another opportunity to fix it herself. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the busybody city workers to focus on actual issues instead of a penis on a sidewalk? I'll hang up and listen. Thx.

Latest posts