off topic: random crap

So my mom still lives in The U (Urbandale). Last summer, she got some letter from the city about her sidewalk having a square that was a half inch below the adjoining square or something similar, so it was deemed a safety issue and she had to pay some guys to dig it out and pour a new square. Whilst the cement was drying, some young prankster drew a penis (complete with testicles) that was roughly the size of the newly poured square and he wrote the phrase "MY DICK" next to it. The concrete guy came back and tried his best to fix it, and while he managed to get the text covered up, he couldn't get the massive penis out of the sidewalk. The city has come back and declared the sidewalk in need of remediation and says that my mother failed to comply with the notice letter, hence they will use some city selected contractor to pour her and other scofflaws new portions of sidewalk, at the expense of the homeowners, of course.

The Urbandale sidewalk statute reads:

(emphasis mine)

I have not personally seen the sidewalk, but I have pictures of it (on my other phone and I can post them on request) and the penis does not appear to me to be unsafe or a public hazard, and I have been informed that at its deepest spot, it is only 1/8th of an inch deep.

The poorly drafted statute seems to me to only allow the City to remediate sidewalks that are unsafe and posing a public hazard. Furthermore, I believe the city is in violation of the notice provision because my mother did fix the sidewalk and if it is in violation, she should have another opportunity to fix it herself. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the busybody city workers to focus on actual issues instead of a penis on a sidewalk? I'll hang up and listen. Thx.
Without government, who would protect us from sidewalk penises?

I was bored between the games, and the Final exams and I'm trying to relieve my stress. I put in the thread but I don’t see it anymore! What happened to it?

So my mom still lives in The U (Urbandale). Last summer, she got some letter from the city about her sidewalk having a square that was a half inch below the adjoining square or something similar, so it was deemed a safety issue and she had to pay some guys to dig it out and pour a new square. Whilst the cement was drying, some young prankster drew a penis (complete with testicles) that was roughly the size of the newly poured square and he wrote the phrase "MY DICK" next to it. The concrete guy came back and tried his best to fix it, and while he managed to get the text covered up, he couldn't get the massive penis out of the sidewalk. The city has come back and declared the sidewalk in need of remediation and says that my mother failed to comply with the notice letter, hence they will use some city selected contractor to pour her and other scofflaws new portions of sidewalk, at the expense of the homeowners, of course.

The Urbandale sidewalk statute reads:

(emphasis mine)

I have not personally seen the sidewalk, but I have pictures of it (on my other phone and I can post them on request) and the penis does not appear to me to be unsafe or a public hazard, and I have been informed that at its deepest spot, it is only 1/8th of an inch deep.

The poorly drafted statute seems to me to only allow the City to remediate sidewalks that are unsafe and posing a public hazard. Furthermore, I believe the city is in violation of the notice provision because my mother did fix the sidewalk and if it is in violation, she should have another opportunity to fix it herself. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the busybody city workers to focus on actual issues instead of a penis on a sidewalk? I'll hang up and listen. Thx.
Please post pics

The Christmas flick Prancer received a D plus from rotten tomatoes . The movie somehow managed to spawn a direct to
Video sequel titled ....wait for it..... Prancer Returns

It snowed 14 inches here today. Then we had freezing rain. The guy who drives the snow plow is really busy.
Damn, dude, you're lucky you still have power. We lost ours for 11 hours on Sunday and there are still neighborhoods without power that went down on Saturday night. That sumnabitch was fierce. We kept the temp just above 32 for most of the storm, but had precipitation for over 40 hours straight. It was only 2 inches of snow and sleet, but when I went out to shovel it off just in case it froze, it was the heaviest snow I've ever felt. I rolled into work this morning and the damned stuff collapsed a portion of the roof on our office. I heard NC got absolutely crushed. Hopefully it's as warm up there as it is here and you get a good melt (but not so good that you have flooding issues).

Nominees for Best Group R&B Song in 1987. The Fridge >>> Prince. Total screwjob.

Dt7GsazW0AEe7lU.jpg:large

I smoked a pork shoulder on Sat as well. Soaked it in apple brine for about 12 hours first though. 7.5 lbs, now I have pulled pork for about 2 weeks, weee

I get to watch high school basketball all week. Sit back and enjoy watching the kids I coached all summer. Soak in some of the stuff the parents yell. Lol. It's good stuff.

So
Ripped off a fart today in my truck, so pwoud. Went home to change undies.
If you went home to change your briefs as a result of the fart, you shit your pants, if the clothing change was required because you became so excited about the fart, that's a different issue.Regardless ,thanks for sharing.

For you Iowan's that lived or still live here (especially late 70's - early 80's. CR Kennedy student Michelle Martinko who was found murdered inside her car in the parking lot at the Westdale mall in December of 1979, the guy who killed her was finally arrested today! Some guy named Jerry Burns from Manchester, IA. he will be arraigned tomorrow. His DNA match the blood found inside Martinko's car. Crazy that he got away with it for 39 years. How could you live with yourself after doing something like that? Be curious to know as to why he did it and how or if he knew her back then.

https://kwwl.com/news/2018/12/19/today-marks-39-years-of-one-of-iowas-biggest-cold-cases/

For you Iowan's that lived or still live here (especially late 70's - early 80's. CR Kennedy student Michelle Martinko who was found murdered inside her car in the parking lot at the Westdale mall in December of 1979, the guy who killed her was finally arrested today! Some guy named Jerry Burns from Manchester, IA. he will be arraigned tomorrow. His DNA match the blood found inside Martinko's car. Crazy that he got away with it for 39 years. How could you live with yourself after doing something like that? Be curious to know as to why he did it and how or if he knew her back then.

https://kwwl.com/news/2018/12/19/today-marks-39-years-of-one-of-iowas-biggest-cold-cases/
It was quite the auspicious beginning for Westdale Mall. The opening was delayed several times that summer, missing out on the back to school sales blitz. The day they finally did open, in October, 1979, no one was shopping. It was the day the pope made his historic Des Moines visit at Living History farms. Then this murder in the parking lot during the height of the the holiday shopping season.

It reminded me of Dubuque Hempstead High School opening in full in the fall of 1970 and a possible tornado (discussed in the summer "Marshalltown" thread) blowing parts of the roof off the school two weeks into the school year.

Hopefully this gives a small bit of closure to her family. And hope for other unsolved cases. Like the Mason City news reporter from around 1995. A Dubuque woman, Jodi(?) Arnsdorf has been missing and unsolved since 2001.

Last edited:
It was quite the auspicious beginning for Westdale Mall. The opening was delayed several times that summer, missing out on the back to school sales blitz. The day they finally did open, in October, 1979, no one was shopping. It was the day the pope made his historic Des Moines visit at Living History farms. Then this murder in the parking lot during the height of the the holiday shopping season.

It reminded me of Dubuque Hempstead High School opening in full in the fall of 1970 and a possible tornado (discussed in the summer "Marshalltown" thread) blowing parts of the roof off the school two weeks into the school year.

Hopefully this gives a small bit of closure to her family. And hope for other unsolved cases. Like the Mason City news reporter from around 1995. A Dubuque woman, Jodi(?) Arnsdorf has been missing and unsolved since 2001.
sadly, I think her parents have both passed away, but I think she has a sister still living in Cedar Rapids.

Burns bail was set at 5 million dollars. Also, his wife committed suicide a few years back and his cousin has been missing since 2013. Makes you wonder if he had anything to do with both?

48967419_10215350696934531_1980967332142383104_n.jpg
121918-Jerry-L-Burns.jpg

Latest posts