Nothing From Fran Today

I guarantee you Barta, Harreld, and Agguire don't even glance at emails from outside their contact lists. They have secretaries who filter everything and pass on what they think is important, and I also guarantee you they've told their assistants not to forward any of that stuff on to them.

They sure as hell don't answer phone calls.

The fact is you guys can bitch all you want, but the only thing you're going to get out of it is a hoarse throat. I hate Farta as much or more than the rest of you, but they just plain don't care. It would take either a major ticket boycott or a big donor like Pacha or the Carver family to get Dolph reinstated and we know that ain't happening. Dolph won't get renewed next year, and you're just going to keep getting stonewalled until eventually everyone forgets what happened.

So how 'bout something sports-related? Feels like HN should start a Dolph sub forum. I'm mad too but everyone is yelling at a brick wall expecting it to talk back.

Ferentz has the clout to get Dolphin reinstated. For football at least.

I guarantee you Barta, Harreld, and Agguire don't even glance at emails from outside their contact lists. They have secretaries who filter everything and pass on what they think is important, and I also guarantee you they've told their assistants not to forward any of that stuff on to them.

The fact is you guys can bitch all you want, but the only thing you're going to get out of it is a hoarse throat. I hate Farta as much or more than the rest of you, but they just plain don't care. It would take either a major ticket boycott or a big donor like Pacha or the Carver family to get Dolph reinstated and we know that ain't happening. Dolph won't get renewed next year, and you're just going to keep getting stonewalled until eventually everyone forgets what happened.

So how 'bout something sports-related? Feels like HN should start a Dolph sub forum. I'm mad too but everyone is yelling at a brick wall expecting it to talk back.
What I'm bummed about is Chris Hassel who I wish would be replacing Dolph is pretty much tweeting up a storm having his back. I wonder if he'd be hesitant to try for the gig or the school in hiring him if he's 100% team Dolph during this in such a public way..

I know a lot of folks are assuming he'll be back for that and maybe not hoops next yr. Can they do that? I mean that'd be just weird. It's both or nothing I can't see them doing that myself. And if your Dolph would you want to do that? But who knows. Not ruling out anything with Barta…

I know a lot of folks are assuming he'll be back for that and maybe not hoops next yr. Can they do that? I mean that'd be just weird. It's both or nothing I can't see them doing that myself. And if your Dolph would you want to do that? But who knows. Not ruling out anything with Barta…
I'm putting my money down right now that Dolph has called his last game.

It's convenient to just suspend him now and not renew his contract with Learfield for next year. I don't know the hows and whats of whatever contract he does have, but Missouri and Iowa are at will states, and if he does have a contract it definitely has a clause for acting detrimentally to Learfield or the U.

Write it down, Dolph will "retire" at the end of this year's basketball season and the U will scrub all of his audio highlight calls from the airwaves and promos. You won't even hear Dolph's highlights when you're on hold to the ticket office.

Hope you guys aren't too sentimental about Dolph calling Drew Tate's hail mary in the Orange Bowl anymore.

Could be, but won't happen no matter how many people post on twitter or message boards.

I get the sentiment, but it's a waste of time.

I disagree to a certain extent. Yes, talking about it on a message board or twitter or any other electronic medium is not going to get anything done. But if there was something organic that happened from the students on campus, then I think there'd be something done. Similar to what Michigan students did in regards to Dave Brandon and his awful management of their athletic dept.....

I certainly agree with the criticism of GB the way this has been handled.
I do think it is strange that we want the head BB coach to comment on this.
I would think this would be a decision made by Learfield/Barta. Not sure why Fran would even be in this loop.

...if there was something organic that happened from the students on campus, then I think there'd be something done.
The U isn't budging even if they knew they were wrong (which I'm assuming they already do). In no way are they going to cave to a bunch of students. That's too slippery of a slope and they aren't going to lose face like that.

The BOR is a bunch rich folks who are career "board members." You think they're going to let a bunch of pot-smoking coeds in hoodies tell them they're wrong? Especially when those same coeds are super hero activists on Twitter, but couldn't be bothered to skip Fortnite for a day let alone walk down to the AD building?

Dolph is toast and there ain't shit we're going to do about it. We can either burn gear or move on.

I am pretty sure I checked the battary in my cochlear implant this morning.
giphy.gif

You get a few hundred people at a game wearing some sort of "BRING BACK DOLPH"
t-shirts and a few of them behind the hoop and behind the bench get some brief tv-time, that might help the cause.
Cover the production costs and the rest of proceeds go to Stead Children's Hospital maybe??
It could work...Just sayin'

I'm putting my money down right now that Dolph has called his last game.

It's convenient to just suspend him now and not renew his contract with Learfield for next year. I don't know the hows and whats of whatever contract he does have, but Missouri and Iowa are at will states, and if he does have a contract it definitely has a clause for acting detrimentally to Learfield or the U.

Write it down, Dolph will "retire" at the end of this year's basketball season and the U will scrub all of his audio highlight calls from the airwaves and promos. You won't even hear Dolph's highlights when you're on hold to the ticket office.

Hope you guys aren't too sentimental about Dolph calling Drew Tate's hail mary in the Orange Bowl anymore.
I agree I'd just about put the farm on it he's done. Which makes me wonder why Dolph himself isn't going down swinging. He's just a better man than I'd be. Cause I would be. I wouldn't have apologized for anything. I'd say yeah I did say that and Bruno was playing like King Kong. So what? I'd be defiant as all get out about it and not even remotely apologize. That's my knee jerk reaction to it if I'm him. Because is he going to go be the voice of ISU next yr? No he's retiring or maybe he'll go do AA baseball games I dunno. But if you're at the end of your road why go bending over for Barta of all people.... Ugh..

Kind of makes it look even more suspicious, doesn't it? I was one thinking Fran had nothing to do with it, but when he doesn't say a darn thing, it makes one step back a bit, IMO.

Why is the UofI Athletic PR dept. such a train wreck with these kinds of things? It's just a dumpster fire all the time with them, it seems.

Kind of makes it look even more suspicious, doesn't it? I was one thinking Fran had nothing to do with it, but when he doesn't say a darn thing, it makes one step back a bit, IMO.

Why is the UofI Athletic PR dept. such a train wreck with these kinds of things? It's just a dumpster fire all the time with them, it seems.
Yeah to muzzle him could mean that. Or the powers that be are just shielding him from their mess as best they can. Not exactly good regardless of the reasons. If I'm Fran I'd want to address it once. By just saying I have nothing to do with nothing in that regard. On to OSU. But hell they won't even let him do that. So that leads to everyone speculating on what we are with nothing preventing us from spreading the fire

Agree. The ONLY thing that would work are people boycotting tickets or a herd of students or other protesters protesting on campus at the steps of the presidents's door garnering bad media about it.

I agree I'd just about put the farm on it he's done. Which makes me wonder why Dolph himself isn't going down swinging. He's just a better man than I'd be. Cause I would be. I wouldn't have apologized for anything. I'd say yeah I did say that and Bruno was playing like King Kong. So what? I'd be defiant as all get out about it and not even remotely apologize. That's my knee jerk reaction to it if I'm him. Because is he going to go be the voice of ISU next yr? No he's retiring or maybe he'll go do AA baseball games I dunno. But if you're at the end of your road why go bending over for Barta of all people.... Ugh..

I'm sure he's lawyer ed up at this point, especially after the wave of people supporting him. He's prob getting his "ducks in a row". Crap. Should have never brought ducks into this. My apology to ducks.

I just don't think they'd have separate football and basketball announcers, though. Not efficient and more burden on Salary or their contract with Learfield. They are going to want one individual full-time as representing Iowa athletics and going to all the fundraisers, etc..

What I'm bummed about is Chris Hassel who I wish would be replacing Dolph is pretty much tweeting up a storm having his back. I wonder if he'd be hesitant to try for the gig or the school in hiring him if he's 100% team Dolph during this in such a public way..

He would be a great hire for that, I think. Nice thought!

Latest posts