Not enough Ferentzes

What a great job! You get to work with a living legend. You get to sleep with the legend's daughter. AND they pay you a cool 38 grand a year. Living the dream!

...The fact that he happens to be sharpening his pencil with Kirk's daughter should not matter. The only thing that intrigues me is what Kirk's daughter looks like and whether this guy has alterior motives. I won't stand for that.

Yes I, for one, would like to know if she's as hot as Urban Meyer's daughter Nicky (she' the brunette):
nikkimeyergirlongirlbeachbikinipicture_display_image.jpg

nikkimeyergirlongirlsexypicture_display_image.jpg

The University of Iowa football program is quickly turning into the University of Ferentz football. This isn't a family business.

are any of you aware of the fact that he's had other job offers in recent years from other FBS programs (and declined them) and has also had interviews at the NFL level? No? k.

are any of you aware of the fact that he's had other job offers in recent years from other FBS programs (and declined them) and has also had interviews at the NFL level? No? k.

Come on Jon why let facts and a little common sense stop an idiotic story to begin with to be blown out of proportion. Are you new around here??

I read this a couple times and am still confused. All I see are yellow letters saying "Univ. of Iowa to Review Hire of Kirk Ferentz's Future Son-in-Law | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Local News"

There must be more to it. Am I supposed to do something with this plastic thing with the wire coming out of it?

That was quick

It was quick because it should have been handled this way from the start. It really is no big deal, however KF should have seen this coming and been smarter.

I agree that Barta doesn't need to know everyone's personal business, but this is something completely different and KF should have seen that. This was something that should have never ever gotten to this level.

No conflict-of-interest review was done for Barnes, even after his engagement. Ferentz said he didn’t think he needed to tell Athletics Director Gary Barta about the change in Barnes’s personal status.

“I didn’t see any reason to,” Ferentz told The Gazette/KCRG.

KF should have been much smarter about this. Sorry but that is the Truth. Like I said no big deal. Ferentz doesn't report to anyone, I guess..

Last edited:
If you have ever been in a situation involving nepotism in the job. And you are not the family member, you will realize quickly why nepotism can be a big deal.

Iowa Hawkeyes to review hiring of Kirk Ferentz's future son-in-law - ESPN

Very interesting last paragraph.

"When Iowa hired Brian Ferentz to his $202,000 per-year assistant job last year, Barta said it was his decision and Kirk Ferentz did not participate in the interview process. Brian Ferentz later said at a news conference that his father had offered him the job. To manage the conflict of interest, Barta says he is acting as Brian Ferentz's supervisor, setting his pay and evaluating his performance based on feedback from his father and other coaches."

Latest posts