Noah Fant

Not a surprise. I think Iowa had to scramble to even get Fant to visit this last weekend. I think the staff has known he has had one foot out the door since Beyer was offered and committed.

Not a surprise. I think Iowa had to scramble to even get Fant to visit this last weekend. I think the staff has known he has had one foot out the door since Beyer was offered and committed.

Looks like they got a commitment from a RB... Looks like Fant will visit Minnesota this weekend.

Last edited:
I just heard someone tweet that Nebraska wouldn't take him even if wanted to come.

Apparently both sides have moved on. Nebraska is all in for a TE from Kansas City and battling Michigan and Harbaugh for him.

Fant is down to sticking with his commitment or flipping to Minnesota.

Couldn't logically come up with an explanation of why he would choose Minnesota but we'll see.

Not predicting it but there is another option............he doesn't have to sign a NLI next Wednesday, he can extend until 4/1 if he chooses.

Not predicting it but there is another option............he doesn't have to sign a NLI next Wednesday, he can extend until 4/1 if he chooses.

I would be funny to see how fast he gets his offer pulled from Iowa if he does this. And I wouldn't be even the slightest bit upset. There's being diligent, and then there's being an absolute head case, drama queen.

Iowa won't hold his scholly past signing day for him. No way. They are already looking around for plan B. I bet whomever that kid is has been told if Fant jumps or they decide to yank it they'll give it to him. I have a hard time believing Iowa hasn't. Since Iowa got that Bama RB last yr under the radar the way they did on short notice I gotta believe the same would apply here.

That was Minny savior too, what do they do now?

They will be fine, just ask any Gopher fan. I have been hearing for years how all of the WR recruits are the second coming of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson... KFAN in the Twin Cities did a great bit on all the "can't miss" players their fan base gets excited about, comical!

Even though you never really left...welcome back, Noah. I hope you have an outstanding career and experience as an IOWA Hawkeye.

They will be fine, just ask any Gopher fan. I have been hearing for years how all of the WR recruits are the second coming of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson... KFAN in the Twin Cities did a great bit on all the "can't miss" players their fan base gets excited about, comical!
Reminds me of our friends North of Des Moines and South of Minneapolis.

TE Noah Fant has cancelled his visit to Minnesota & will be signing with Iowa on Wed according to his older brother rvls.co/1ntk3qt

I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but from what I've read/heard, Fant was pretty much all Hawkeye but his parents wanted him to take the Goofy visit so that he could be sure. It sounds as though his parents relented when it appeared Iowa might utilize the scholly elsewhere and how that affected Noah. That part is just my supposition, but it sounds logical. I am fairly certain it was his parents/family pushing for the visit to Goofyland.

I take it KFs home visit got him & family if that was the case to come to their senses... I mean MN really?? If he was going to have done that he shoulda done it weeks/months ago.. Now KF had the leverage to say look we have 2 other TEs in your class already we'll yank your offer if you go holding hands with someone else now. I think he made the logical decision and it's gotta be pretty hard to tell KF to his face at your own kitchen table that you want to go visit MN a wk before signing day... So this has played out about the way you'd figure.