Noah Fant

I'm not fretting Fant since we have Hock and By. Give me Farny and Jacky and Foster at safety. I'll find room for Foster. That way we can put Hooker on the corner. lol. Ok, that doesn't sound good, but seriously, I want to see Hooker play corner. I think he can, and with his size and ball hawking skills, he could be special.

I'm not fretting Fant since we have Hock and By. Give me Farny and Jacky and Foster at safety. I'll find room for Foster. That way we can put Hooker on the corner. lol. Ok, that doesn't sound good, but seriously, I want to see Hooker play corner. I think he can, and with his size and ball hawking skills, he could be special.

Foster relented to Syracuse today. As far as Fant.......he's quoted as saying on another site that Iowa might start looking at other TE prospects considering he is still taking the Gopher trip. In essence, everyone is working from the tea leaves until further notice.

I would be perfectly fine with the Hawks walking away from him if he visits Minny. He has wavered long enough. If he ain't on the bus yet then it's time to push him and close the door. I like who Iowa has at TE, and they are thrilled to be Hawks. That's more than enough for me.

I would be perfectly fine with the Hawks walking away from him if he visits Minny. He has wavered long enough. If he ain't on the bus yet then it's time to push him and close the door. I like who Iowa has at TE, and they are thrilled to be Hawks. That's more than enough for me.

I don't pretend to know the ins/outs of recruiting, but I'm kinda with this line of thinking.

Living in Omaha, I hear a lot about this kid. Seems like he's a solid young man all around but he undoubtedly is being "consulted" to wait until the final day. I have no problem with him taking all his visits, but these kids who verbal and then seem to "play the field"....meh. we have what appears to be a solid stable of TE's, and as someone stated, Iowa has a great track record of TE's to the NFL.

The sought after kids gotta love the chase. To be fair it'll probably be the only time in their life they literally have that kind of power/control. That said, I have zero issue having a couple backups for Noah.

Btw, make no mistake, Benning is in this kids ear.

He was in Iowa City this weekend right? And he's still going to visit MN? Dang... I hope he does go to MN then and Cook moves to TE now. Cook should anyway. With the crop of QBs Weigers, Boyle and now Stanley (heard a lot of good things about him lately) I think Cook has a really steep climb to see the field if he don't switch to TE. May as well see the writing on the wall so he can start working on his body for it.

I don't pretend to know the ins/outs of recruiting, but I'm kinda with this line of thinking.

Living in Omaha, I hear a lot about this kid. Seems like he's a solid young man all around but he undoubtedly is being "consulted" to wait until the final day. I have no problem with him taking all his visits, but these kids who verbal and then seem to "play the field"....meh. we have what appears to be a solid stable of TE's, and as someone stated, Iowa has a great track record of TE's to the NFL.

The sought after kids gotta love the chase. To be fair it'll probably be the only time in their life they literally have that kind of power/control. That said, I have zero issue having a couple backups for Noah.

Btw, make no mistake, Benning is in this kids ear.

<<Btw, make no mistake, Benning is in this kids ear>>

Is that even kosher? Used to be a rule that former players NOT on staff could not contact recruits...or is Benning on the Nebraska staff?

Most of these young men who have already given a verbal and who decide to take a late visit/s are usually doing so when a more noted program (or hometown favorite) comes along and makes an offer. Minnesota offered in Nov. so why decide in the 8th inning to take the journey? I can understand why Iowa might be a bit perturbed. If this was Old Kirk this offer would have been pulled by now. Be interesting to see if New Kirk goes with the flow on this one.

Something seems amiss in my mind.

Most of these young men who have already given a verbal and who decide to take a late visit/s are usually doing so when a more noted program (or hometown favorite) comes along and makes an offer. Minnesota offered in Nov. so why decide in the 8th inning to take the journey? I can understand why Iowa might be a bit perturbed. If this was Old Kirk this offer would have been pulled by now. Be interesting to see if New Kirk goes with the flow on this one.

No doubt. Something isnt right with this one.

I think the only thing amiss is in Noah's head. There isn't anything logical about a TE choosing Minnesota over Iowa. Absolutely nothing logical about it. Iowa is one of the premier TE universities in the country. Possibly the premier TE university in the country. Which makes me believe Noah has to be questioning whether or not he has what it takes to compete for a starting spot here. That's really the only reason I can come up with as to why he would be hesitating. If he's scared of the competition then by all means... I hope he goes to Minnesota. I'm sure he'll get to enjoy some Hawk fans in the front row of Kinnick reminding him how big of a wuss he is the next couple times he visits Iowa City while his team is getting punished. Hell I guess would also get to enjoy Hawk fans turning Minnesota's stadium into Kinnick North.

Or he can man up, put on the black and yellow, and get ready to work. If that's the route he decides to take then welcome to the Hawkeye family!

old kirk = don't communicate that you are looking around/taking a visit. good bye.

old kirk = do communicate if you are looking around - this is a big decision - we want you to be sure that this is your decision.

new kirk = i think is the same as old kirk in these regards. i do believe i read that fant communicated with the staff about visiting minnesota.

I think the only thing amiss is in Noah's head. There isn't anything logical about a TE choosing Minnesota over Iowa. Absolutely nothing logical about it. Iowa is one of the premier TE universities in the country. Possibly the premier TE university in the country. Which makes me believe Noah has to be questioning whether or not he has what it takes to compete for a starting spot here. That's really the only reason I can come up with as to why he would be hesitating. If he's scared of the competition then by all means... I hope he goes to Minnesota. I'm sure he'll get to enjoy some Hawk fans in the front row of Kinnick reminding him how big of a wuss he is the next couple times he visits Iowa City while his team is getting punished. Hell I guess would also get to enjoy Hawk fans turning Minnesota's stadium into Kinnick North.

Or he can man up, put on the black and yellow, and get ready to work. If that's the route he decides to take then welcome to the Hawkeye family!
Iowa is more of a TE university than Minnesota, but not by that much of a margin. Iowa has 5 TE's in the NFL, Minnesota has 3. As for Fant, I don't really know why he has some interest in Minnesota. If he's worried about playing time, why not go to Nebraska and stay home?

Granted could be anybody but Minny recruiting coordinator just tweeted about an hour ago that they got a new commit..Noah is visiting today..hunch tells me that it's probably him

Latest posts