Noah Fant

Great sharing this with my co-workers in Omaha. Great to be a Hawkeye. Now we need a nice string of wins against Nebby.

I think this is a great pick up. Of course there are people saying that he will flip, or he won't see the field for a few years. Sometimes you just have to take good news and enjoy. Not sure why so many around here struggle with that.

Good get, if they can hold on to him. Saw a clip on an Omaha news station, and the guys in that radio booth seemed a little shocked. Kinda funny.

Good get, if they can hold on to him. Saw a clip on an Omaha news station, and the guys in that radio booth seemed a little shocked. Kinda funny.

I don't know a ton about the kid, but my favorite part is that he is from Nebraska, and Nebraska wanted him. A nice big middle finger to big red.

Thoughts from the recruiting "experts" is that Iowa is a placeholder and he will end up elsewhere, likely in the PAC-12.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't get why he would do it? Why say your are going somewhere if you know that you most likely aren't going? Is it because he wants to save his spot in case something better doesn't work out? Recruiting is getting pretty stupid these days.

Thoughts from the recruiting "experts" is that Iowa is a placeholder and he will end up elsewhere, likely in the PAC-12.

Who are these "experts"? I am seeing nothing of the sort from the real "experts". An offer from Oregon or Notre Dame are the ones he would bolt Iowa for. He ain't going to UCLA, he already has that offer.

Who are these "experts"? I am seeing nothing of the sort from the real "experts". An offer from Oregon or Notre Dame are the ones he would bolt Iowa for. He ain't going to UCLA, he already has that offer.

Probably the voices in his head.

Nebbie just jelly. GTFO hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding, to say he would bolt to the Pac12 when he currently holds 3 Pac12 offers is just dumb. I mean he already has basically said I choose Iowa over all my current offers of Arizona St, Cal, UCLA, Nebraska, and several more.

As I said if he gets and offer from Oregon or Notre Dame he might drop Iowa for one of those two.

Trying to remember, was it Drew Ott or another Iowa commit that went to a Nebraska game a few years back and didn't realize that it was frowned upon? It sounds like he is still committed to the Hawkeyes but just wanted to check it out. When he committed I kind of wondered why he would commit if he still wanted to check things out, but now if the kid wants to go to the dumpster fire that is Nebraska Football then that's his choice. Currently I would say playing TE or DE at Iowa looks better than playing those positions at Nebraska. Granted that is just this year. There has has been numerous years that being a DE at Nebraska meant you would be playing on Sundays but with their coaching staff I don't see that happening any time soon.

Unfortunately looks like there may be an offer, or at least more interest coming from Notre Dame. At least he is taking a visit there now, unofficially.