No tyler cook

This team is about the sum of its parts not the individual pieces IMO. All 9 guys have value. And Cook is crucial to our success...even more so when it gets physical/thuggish.

Your point? You are the one who said Cook was unstoppable, correct? Iowa's shooters didn't make open looks, it happens. When they make their average share Iowa is very good, and Cook has better scoring opportunities. I don't think Cook is unstoppable. You do, fine.

Nope. Shooters have to shoot. Cook bogs down the offense. He shoots too much. He only had four shots last night. The offense must have been humming.

Nope. Shooters have to shoot. Cook bogs down the offense. He shoots too much. He only had four shots last night. The offense must have been humming.
Perhaps you should direct your frustrations towards the coach. He can make some adjustments, perhaps. You have some good ideas.

Perhaps you should direct your frustrations towards the coach. He can make some adjustments, perhaps. You have some good ideas.

What frustrations? Iowa got the ball to the shooters last night. It didn’t run the offense through Cook and got the ball to the shooters.

Cook just bogs down the offense, anyway. He should just rebound, get some putbacks and shoot when he’s wide open and can dunk it. He only sucked up four shots last night, just the way we like it. Gotta get the ball to the shooters.

What frustrations? Iowa got the ball to the shooters last night. It didn’t run the offense through Cook and got the ball to the shooters.

Cook just bogs down the offense, anyway. He should just rebound, get some putbacks and shoot when he’s wide open and can dunk it. He only sucked up four shots last night, just the way we like it. Gotta get the ball to the shooters.
They need to go exclusively to Cook, he is unstoppable, big coaching gaff last night.

an objective look at the matchups showed that MD is more athletic than us at every position, with cook being a draw. having said that, both teams shot horribly in the first half and iowa didn't do much better the 2nd. but 14 to's leading to 20 points for MD doesn't help. TO's and being out athletic'd is what did us in.

an objective look at the matchups showed that MD is more athletic than us at every position, with cook being a draw. having said that, both teams shot horribly in the first half and iowa didn't do much better the 2nd. but 14 to's leading to 20 points for MD doesn't help. TO's and being out athletic'd is what did us in.
Iowa can't "out athletic" many teams but out-hustle, out-fundamental, out-coach, out shoot are possible.

Iowa can't "out athletic" many teams but out-hustle, out-fundamental, out-coach, out shoot are possible.

what i am saying is that MD used athleticism to beat iowa. neither team played well, at all. but when needed, MD was able to dribble the ball into the lane and that opened up wide open/non defended 3's.

what i am saying is that MD used athleticism to beat iowa. neither team played well, at all. but when needed, MD was able to dribble the ball into the lane and that opened up wide open/non defended 3's.
That has been a trend at times. If athletic teams get on a roll, Iowa can be rolled.

They need to go exclusively to Cook, he is unstoppable, big coaching gaff last night.

Maybe he was Fran was listening to the geniuses on here who feel like Cook bogs down the offense and Iowa needs the shooters to shoot. You know, let Cook clean up the scraps from when the shooters might miss a shot.

I, for one, am glad that he came to his senses. Although, he did say last night that his team didn't take advantage of the double bonus it was in for the final 10 minutes of the second half.

Weird. I mean, Cook got four shots and managed to get Jalen Smith in foul trouble.

Shooters gotta shoot, Dr. Naismith.

Maybe he was Fran was listening to the geniuses on here who feel like Cook bogs down the offense and Iowa needs the shooters to shoot. You know, let Cook clean up the scraps from when the shooters might miss a shot.

I, for one, am glad that he came to his senses. Although, he did say last night that his team didn't take advantage of the double bonus it was in for the final 10 minutes of the second half.

Weird. I mean, Cook got four shots and managed to get Jalen Smith in foul trouble.

Shooters gotta shoot, Dr. Naismith.
Cook - Unstoppable - NBA first round pick Feed him

Cook - Unstoppable - NBA first round pick Feed him

Who said he was a first-round pick? That's ridiculous.

The really smart basketball anonymous message board analysts are sure he bogs down the offense and shoots too much. I mean, they're really smart because if he defers to the shooters, the offense will be humming. It's crystal clear. I mean, these people are basketball savants. They post it on thread after thread. It has to be true.

Who said he was a first-round pick? That's ridiculous.

The really smart basketball anonymous message board analysts are sure he bogs down the offense and shoots too much. I mean, they're really smart because if he defers to the shooters, the offense will be humming. It's crystal clear. I mean, these people are basketball savants.
If he is unstoppable he is a first round NBA pick, right?

At times the offense does bog down when he gets too many touches.

No offense "humms" when shooters are missing shots.

I think Rob may have had a stroke.

Either that, or reading whiny posts for years has finally led to a psychotic meltdown.

giphy.gif

Cook has really lost his aggressiveness, he had a chance late up one to make a move one on one and chose to pass it out. That was a crucial play, I would have liked to see him shoot a jump hook or drive on that play as the defender was inside the circle where you can't draw a charge. That's where not having a short jump shot in your game really hurts. On the Fernado go ahead tip in you clearly see him hold off the Iowa player as he tipped the ball. No need for him to do that should have been called.

Maybe he did, but if Kreiner would have backed him up like he should have, it wouldn't have even been an issue. Even with our poor shooting, if we would have just boxed out and not given up so many offensive boards, we win!

I think Rob may have had a stroke.

Either that, or reading whiny posts for years has finally led to a psychotic meltdown.

giphy.gif

I"m ok. I just like pointing our clueless analysis on here, especially from guys like revkev, who litters the board with the same criticism of the same player like he stole his girlfriend.

Then, they double down when it's painfully obvious he's wrong, trying to qualify his comments.

I don't think some of the savants on here could find their ass with both hands.

I"m ok. I just like pointing our clueless analysis on here, especially from guys like revkev, who litters the board with the same criticism of the same player like he stole his girlfriend.

Then, they double down when it's painfully obvious he's wrong, trying to qualify his comments.

I don't think some of the savants on here could find their ass with both hands.
So, if a poster disagrees with your comments that Cook is "close to unstoppable" that makes him or her an idiot and a savant?

If a poster states that the shooters on a team need to be shooting the most, he or she is a savant and an idiot?

I am not sure what comments you think I "qualified"

Latest posts