No PT for Cougs?

What was the lineup when Cole fouled out? I know Wink came in for him.

Payne, Gatens, May, Wink, and Fuller? Was that the 5?

Seems like as odd a matchup as maybe having Payne, Gatens, May, Fuller, and Cougs.

Like I said, I don't really recall who was in. Just seemed like that may have been who we had in.

It might have made a lot of sense for Cougill to be out there at the end of regulation and OT, particularly since he leads the team in three point shooting percentage.

Great find 88,
As far as matchups, Cougs played 22 mins last time vs Michigan so there goes that excuse.

It is truely amazing how he can't seem to find a balance with playing time.

It might have made a lot of sense for Cougill to be out there at the end of regulation and OT, particularly since he leads the team in three point shooting percentage.

Maybe, but Iowa up 5 under 30 seconds to go, on D, do you want Cougs out there on D? Would that have changed anything, esp. being on the bench for 40 minutes?

I don't know.

That was an awesome TL quote. It was funny as heck. Why would some of you be mad at that quote. Nothing wrong with that. Now, if you want to be mad at BC not playing then so be it, but the only thing he does better than Brommer is shoot the 3.

I am definitely not a TL fan but I don't have to rip on EVERYTHING the guy does. I though that was a pretty good one liner.

Lick is losing support when he pulls crap like this. Who in their right mind would want to play for a mind-games coach like him??

Isn't Cougill a 5? I guess Lick has me confused like some of the players...I could have sworn that Cougill plays center...if he is a power forward, then he is way too slow for that position....seems more like a center to me.

A quote from the article....

His 14 minutes last night were his most in seven games. He played only five minutes in the team’s first game against Michigan, while Cougill played 22 minutes. Iowa was slaughtered 60-46 in its first game at Michigan

Maybe this is part of it?

Cougall can't guard Sims. I would rather have Bawinkle guard Sims than Cougill.

Cougill played 22 minutes at Michigan, and scored 3 points, 1 board, and 3 fouls. Sims had 20 points and 12 rebounds, 9 of them offensive.

Sims is the anti-Cougs. He is long, quick, and can defend away from the basket. Cougs is slow and does his best work dragging big guys to the perimeter. Sims can defend the perimeter, so Cougs is pretty much neutralized. Cougill could not defend an athletic big man to save his life.

Why do you want Cougill out there? What would have changed? Did some of you bet that Sims would put up 30, because that is the only thing that would have been different if Cougs saw pt.

Isn't Cougill a 5? I guess Lick has me confused like some of the players...I could have sworn that Cougill plays center...if he is a power forward, then he is way too slow for that position....seems more like a center to me.

Well as mentioned in the article that 88 found, Cougs did play 22 minutes in the game at Ann Arbor. We got drilled in that one, and Sims' inside pressence was a big reason why. Brommer was better able to match up against Sims, and Fuller was having the best game by a Hawkeye since at least Haluska's senior year, so he wasn't coming out.

I don't know.

You don't think it would have been a good idea for our best three point shooter to be in when we were down three at the end of OT?

Spanky, if you bend over backward any farther to give Lick the benefit of the doubt, you're going to hurt yourself. :p

Not playing Cougill at all makes so little sense that I still wonder if there was some other issue that Coach didn't want to discuss that accounted for him sitting out.

maybe with 13 seconds left and down 3 we could have used our best 3 pt shooter on the court. Lick is in way over his head. Cougs should have had minutes. Those other guys sure did a great job stopping simms lmao

That was an awesome TL quote. It was funny as heck. Why would some of you be mad at that quote. Nothing wrong with that. Now, if you want to be mad at BC not playing then so be it, but the only thing he does better than Brommer is shoot the 3.

I am definitely not a TL fan but I don't have to rip on EVERYTHING the guy does. I though that was a pretty good one liner.

Can you guys stop calling Cougill the best three point shooter on the team? If we are following your logic, Cole is the best shooter too, since he also has a 40% clip from 3.

Boy, we sure missed Cole's outside game in OT...

Can you guys stop calling Cougill the best three point shooter on the team? If we are following your logic, Cole is the best shooter too, since he also has a 40% clip from 3.

Boy, we sure missed Cole's outside game in OT...

I agree Ghost, some people are funny... I also agree with your earlier post basically saying bad things happen even when Sims and Cougill are in the same gym let alone playing against each other. Cougs struggles against athletic bigs like MSU and Michigan have.

Cougill played 22 minutes at Michigan, and scored 3 points, 1 board, and 3 fouls. Sims had 20 points and 12 rebounds, 9 of them offensive.

Sims is the anti-Cougs. He is long, quick, and can defend away from the basket. Cougs is slow and does his best work dragging big guys to the perimeter. Sims can defend the perimeter, so Cougs is pretty much neutralized. Cougill could not defend an athletic big man to save his life.

Why do you want Cougill out there? What would have changed? Did some of you bet that Sims would put up 30, because that is the only thing that would have been different if Cougs saw pt.

Fair point that Simms has Cougill's number, but I would still take Cougill's defense over Bawinkel's.

Afterall Bawinkel was the one that made a stupid reach-in foul at the end of regulation giving Michigan the opportunity for the 3 point play.

I never know when to take you serious but your statements above are pretty off the charts.

In last nights game, Sims scored 27 points, had 10 rebounds. He had 25 points and 10 rebounds to end regulation.

Latest posts